Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 16

I dunno, it certainly wouldn't soften the blow for Frankie. I can't imagine any regular panelist on any show would wish to see him in their seat. Laughing out loud
Not that I think that Frankie Boyle could ever be kicked off MtW, but the thought amuses me anyway.

Edit: Also, that odd looking guy made me think strongly of Emo. I already love him.

Quote: ellipsis @ September 25 2009, 5:07 PM BST

Edit: Also, that odd looking guy made me think strongly of Emo. I already love him.

Do you mean Milton Jones?

I know that comedians are a funny looking group, but surely he still stuck out?

But yeah, I think it was him, the one with Hugh Dennis and David Mitchell in the radioactive Hawai'ian shirt. I do love me some one-liners.

Quote: ellipsis @ September 25 2009, 8:06 PM BST

I know that comedians are a funny looking group, but surely he still stuck out?

But yeah, I think it was him, the one with Hugh Dennis and David Mitchell in the radioactive Hawai'ian shirt. I do love me some one-liners.

Yes that's him. I believe Mark is a big fan of his.

Quote: paul f @ September 25 2009, 3:09 PM BST

Ben Norris actually replaced Frankie Boyle. Mitchell was already scheduled to do it. I think they put David Mitchell in Frankies spot just to soften the blow so to speak.

Quote: ellipsis @ September 25 2009, 5:07 PM BST

I dunno, it certainly wouldn't soften the blow for Frankie. I can't imagine any regular panelist on any show would wish to see him in their seat. Laughing out loud

Not that I think that Frankie Boyle could ever be kicked off MtW, but the thought amuses me anyway.

Quite. I'm sure it must have been quite disconcerting for Boyle to see David Mitchell sitting in his seat and effortlessly taking over the 'angry' role.

This brings up an interesting question... if one of the regulars did leave, who would you want to see replace them?

Quote: paul f @ September 25 2009, 3:09 PM BST

Also, that odd looking guy made me think strongly of Emo. I already love him.

Yeah, Milton Jones. Check out his radio show, its a pun-filled riot. Very old skool humour, but very 'pure'.

Quote: Mark @ September 26 2009, 2:19 PM BST

Quite. I'm sure it must have been quite disconcerting for Boyle to see David Mitchell sitting in his seat and effortlessly taking over the 'angry' role.

The difference being, that Frankie is angry and funny, where as Mitchell was just plain angry. That was David Mitchell's weakest television appearance in a long time. Russell Howard was better than usual, I normally cringe whenever he opens his mouth. Dara was on top form though, as always.

Quote: paul f @ September 26 2009, 3:48 PM BST

That was David Mitchell's weakest television appearance in a long time.

Hate to say it, but I agree.

So... is Frankie alright then?

Dara did say he was only slightly ill, but then I suppose he'd have to?

Quote: Mark @ September 26 2009, 2:19 PM BST

Yeah, Milton Jones. Check out his radio show, its a pun-filled riot. Very old skool humour, but very 'pure'.

That is amazing. Why isn't he on TV more?

I'm only a casual fan of this show, but I thought this week's episode was very funny.

Milton Jones delivered some great one liners and the bits about cats on heroin was ace! I even liked Russell Watson's 'rainbows' routine and I'm not usually a fan of his.

It was great to see Milton Jones on there, what was that show he used to do on ITV? It used to be on at all sorts of ridiculous hours...

Quote: Moonstone @ September 26 2009, 6:07 PM BST

Dara did say he was only slightly ill, but then I suppose he'd have to?

Supposedly Frankie was taken to hospital during the final rehersals of the show, so it's unlikely Dara would have known anything to say anyway.

Hmmm, so it's obviously something quite different from cold or flu then. Can't help feeling maybe a heart problem, all that anger taking its toll. Hope he's doing OK.

Well I missed Frankie, but to be honest this season's not been the same without him taking part in the 'stand-up skills' bit, (or am I imagining that?).

Mitchell's alright, but I can't help thinking he spoils shows like this because he's so 'superior'.

Then again, I read the Metro, what do I know about the news?