Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 15

I thought that Geordie woman was really funny. Kind of disheartened me that she got a relatively subdued audience response after her sex talk bit and then Howard came on and got screams just for standing there looking like a cock in trainers.

Quote: Moonstone @ September 24 2009, 8:14 PM BST

I thought that Geordie woman was really funny. Kind of disheartened me that she got a relatively subdued audience response after her sex talk bit and then Howard came on and got screams just for standing there looking like a cock in trainers.

True.

Russell Howard is a bit of an egg timer comic, hasn't got long left IMO.

Quote: Moonstone @ September 24 2009, 8:14 PM BST

I agree with you there. I thought Sarah Millican was great the other week.

Quote: Scottidog @ September 24 2009, 8:15 PM BST

Russell Howard is a bit of an egg timer comic, hasn't got long left IMO.

I hope so. He doesn't deserve to be where he is, imo.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 24 2009, 8:16 PM BST

I agree with you there. I thought Sarah Millican was great the other week.

Ahh, is that her name! Cheers Ian. Think I'll go on YouTube and see if I can find owt from her.

Alot of his comedy begins with 'This happened just the other day, this is true'

How many 'true' stories does he have about his dog, dad, brother and cocks!

Quote: Moonstone @ September 24 2009, 8:25 PM BST

Ahh, is that her name! Cheers Ian. Think I'll go on YouTube and see if I can find owt from her.

She is most famous for winning the if.comedy newcomer award in 2008.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ September 24 2009, 5:02 PM BST

Maybe instead of all the drug/drink speculation, we could try the avenue that he might just be ill. It does happen.

But that would be boring - besides, he's had his 'mystery illness' splashed across the Sun - ergo he is fair game - ergo we own him.

I cut my finger the other day, I didn't get any sensationalistic headlines and I certainly didn't receive loads of sympathy, get well messages from fans or loads of cards. (Except the one I sent myself, which bizarrely had Happy Mothers Day written on it).

I'm looking forward to seeing how a Boyle free Mock The Week will go. I'm going to watch Peep Show first and then Mockers on iPlayer, so will check in later with my hate filled views. Wave

RC you love Boyle really. It's our sick humour we love!

Quote: Scottidog @ September 24 2009, 8:26 PM BST

Alot of his comedy begins with 'This happened just the other day, this is true'

How many 'true' stories does he have about his dog, dad, brother and cocks!

2mins in and a story about his grandad!

I think it made a refreshing change without Frankie tonight, he's been a bit 'in your face' this series, so was good to let others get there points across. Loved Hugh's newsreel and also thought Milton Jones was good aswell, his stand-up was great.

Yep, good ep. I didn't "miss" Frankie at all. Great to see Milton Jones on TV again too.

I still think all of the Russell Howard haters must be watching a different programme.

A good night for Dara aswell.

Quote: Aaron @ September 24 2009, 11:03 PM BST

I still think all of the Russell Howard haters must be 200% Correct, he am a twat.

Ring, Ring.

DAVID: Hello?

DARA: Hello David, it's Dara.

DAVID: The Explorer?

DARA: No, that's Dora. It's Dara O'Briain, Frankie's sick, can you come in and do the show?

DAVID: Not another panel show, my agent's getting worried about overexposure. He says I'm two Question of Sports away from being hated as much as Jonathan Ross.

DARA: Come on David please? Tell ya what, I'll make it so the others can't interrupt you.

DAVID: You mean it? I can indulge myself with mintue long rants and they'll just shut the hell up and take it?

DARA: You have my word. Aside from Milton Jones who's actually quite funny, you know the rest are crap and the only surprise element is a mute Tim Curry lookalike. It'll be like having your own show.

DAVID: Then by Crikey, I'll do it!

I don't actually watch this show, but I suspect that RC is right on the money there. :D

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 25 2009, 12:21 AM BST

Ring, Ring.

DAVID: Hello?

DARA: Hello David, it's Dara.

DAVID: The Explorer?

DARA: No, that's Dora. It's Dara O'Briain, Frankie's sick, can you come in and do the show?

DAVID: Not another panel show, my agent's getting worried about overexposure. He says I'm two Question of Sports away from being hated as much as Jonathan Ross.

DARA: Come on David please? Tell ya what, I'll make it so the others can't interrupt you.

DAVID: You mean it? I can indulge myself with mintue long rants and they'll just shut the hell up and take it?

DARA: You have my word. Aside from Milton Jones who's actually quite funny, you know the rest are crap and the only surprise element is a mute Tim Curry lookalike. It'll be like having your own show.

DAVID: Then by Crikey, I'll do it!

Ben Norris actually replaced Frankie Boyle. Mitchell was already scheduled to do it. I think they put David Mitchell in Frankies spot just to soften the blow so to speak.