Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 14

Quote: Aaron @ September 18 2009, 5:20 PM BST

Don't go down that route, Walker. It was unfunny enough when that gimp did it originally.

:O Angry :D ;)

I don't know why Russell Howard gets such a raw deal, I think he's brill.

Much better than Frankie Boyle imo.

I enjoy them both.

Let me also say that Hugh Dennis is the very best one on the show though.

Apparently Frankie Boyle was taken sick so wasn't present at this week's recording.

Be interesting to see how the show fares without him on it.

Maybe Hugh will actually get to say something.

Quote: Richard Wells @ September 24 2009, 10:44 AM BST

Apparently Frankie Boyle was taken sick so wasn't present at this week's recording.

Be interesting to see how the show fares without him on it.

Maybe Hugh will actually get to say something.

Really, this will be interesting if it is true.

Well it was in the Sun newspaper, do make of that what you will.

Quote: Richard Wells @ September 24 2009, 11:27 AM BST

Well it was in the Sun newspaper, do make of that what you will.

I just found the article.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2652226/Joke-ace-Frankie-Boyle-taken-to-hospital-with-mystery-illness.html

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 24 2009, 11:33 AM BST

I just found the article.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2652226/Joke-ace-Frankie-Boyle-taken-to-hospital-with-mystery-illness.html

Oh not the 'mystery illness' excuse, that's almost as tired as the 'collapsed from exhaustion' line. Bascially, when you are famous and make loads of money, you do loads of cocaine.

Cocaine is the leading form of heart attacks for men under the age of 50. I'm not suggesting that Frankie Boyle is a coke head - he just acts like one on TV.

On the plus side, we'll get to hear what Hugh Dennis' voice sounds like but on the downside Blinky McMuppetFace and Ming the Mirthless will get more screen time.

DARA: Russell Howard, your topic is 'The European Union'.

BLINKY: I like the European Union, but do you know what I like more then the European Union...bits of my stand up that I already know, now watch me segway awkwardly into that. I'm from Bristol doncha know...etc, ad infinitum, forever and ever. Zzzzzz

No laughter ensues.

Jimmy Carr stood in for him on the TV Comedy Forum panel in Soho yesterday.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 24 2009, 12:31 PM BST

Oh not the 'mystery illness' excuse, that's almost as tired as the 'collapsed from exhaustion' line. Bascially, when you are famous and make loads of money, you do loads of cocaine.

Cocaine is the leading form of heart attacks for men under the age of 50. I'm not suggesting that Frankie Boyle is a coke head - he just acts like one on TV.

Frankie's a recovering alcoholic who is now teetotal (and was also into drugs at the time). Unlikely that he has anything to do with drugs thesedays - unless something has gone horribly wrong...

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 24 2009, 2:30 PM BST

Frankie's a recovering alcoholic, so is unlikely to do drugs unless something has gone horribly wrong...

Drugs come in many shapes and forms - even ones from the doctor - who knows what Frankie is shoving into himself?

But I will give the Boyle the benefit of the doubt, though it's very difficult when you see the words 'celebrity' + 'mystery illness'.

Maybe it was his poor Scottish diet, honestly, it's like Logan's Run up there but with added lard.

:(

Maybe instead of all the drug/drink speculation, we could try the avenue that he might just be ill. It does happen.

Here's a preview clip of tonight's episode. I have to say I'm especially impressed by Milton Jones in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKuf1xyh-9k