Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 10

Whatever girlfriend! *swishes fingers in the air*

Actually it's a draft excluder.

Quote: Richard Wells @ August 6 2009, 9:15 PM BST

I don'r like to generalize, but is Zoe Lyon's a lesbian ?

She looks very butch.

I don't like to generalise, but is Frankie Boyle a gay?

He does have a beard.

(Boom-tish!)

This show is starting to bore me. I find I'm enjoying it less and less each week. If David Mitchell is on, I'll watch otherwise...meh.

Anyone notice Frankie doesn't take part in the stand up round anymore? I have a feeling this was his request.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 7 2009, 1:20 AM BST

I don't like to generalise, but is Frankie Boyle a gay?

He does have a beard.

(Boom-tish!)

Yes he probably is.

Series 7 has been poor so far. The first episode was good, but how it has fallen since then.

Yeah the format is getting stale. They need to switch it up more. I like how they brought back the bit where Hugh dubs over footage of the Royal family. Hugh is great at that... I wonder though if he rehearses before hand. I think he must.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ August 7 2009, 11:51 PM BST

I like how they brought back the bit where Hugh dubs over footage of the Royal family. Hugh is great at that... I wonder though if he rehearses before hand. I think he must.

I think that bit is pre-recorded? He's clearly watched it beforehand though, as sometimes he references things that haven't yet happened on screen.

It's still funny though.

Better tonight. The American chap (forget his name) who did stand up on relationships was good.

Quote: Mark @ August 10 2009, 2:06 PM BST

I think that bit is pre-recorded?

On the occasions I've been to see the show, it has been done live in the studio.

Much, much better than last week. As with most of you, I've been getting sick of Frankie but he really redeemed himself this week. Some real classics. I loved the Obama joke "Just because he's black doesn't mean he's going to shoot somebody".

Ed Byrne was great too. Stewart Francis is meh... I don't make any point to watch his stuff and yet I seem to know every joke in his repertoire already...despite only seeing him on Mock The Week a couple of times and maybe one 5 minute stand up clip. Oh and FYI Jacob, he's Canadian not American.

I want to say he's used the shooting joke closer to the actual election but I agree, he's definitely been good the last 2 weeks. He's suddenly got serious and creative again, rather than seemingly just revelling in his own good press.

One negative: I like Andy Parsons, but that whole 'expenses scandal' joke came across as being a bit desperate to win favour with the audience.

The one annoying thing about it is when there is a laugh one of the panel snorts/coughs. I'm not sure who it is, but once I noticed this I can't stop hearing it.

I haven't rated this series of Mock the Week at all. Last series was probably the best one, some great episodes. The only episode I've enjoyed in this series is the one which featured Greg Davies. Frankie is saying too much and his material has started to be hit and miss. Some of the jokes can be seen coming a mile off. Thankfully we haven't had an apperance from Greg Proops yet. But sadly we've also not had any Showaddywaddy or car insurance yet.

I tend not to think too critically about Mock the Week's brand of comedy. It's always entertaining but very rarely amazingly memorable. I love Frankie's offensive jokes but at the end of the day, I struggle to remember them.

I like it a lot whenever Dara steps out of his role as directing the show and participates more. That man is such a talented comedian, just so quick-witted and a creative mind.

But yeah, at best Mock the Week is a coming together of very different comedians. At worst, it demonstrates that even the most top notch of comedians can get a bit tiring to watch.

My recent favourite was Russell's bit on Prince Harry. Great stuff.

To be fair, it's very funny. I suggest people who haven't seen it yet, to watch it.