Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 8

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ July 25 2009, 12:34 AM BST

Since I posted a thing to my blog about Lucy Porter a couple months back, I've discovered huge traffic spikes to that page immediately after she's been on TV.

Thing is, they're all coming from Google searches for "Lucy Porter's tits".

Laughing out loud

Aaron was one of them...

Frankie does make me laugh, but I do agree that he's probably getting a bit too much time these days. Would like to see more of Hugh - it's been a few years since I went to a recording of Mock The Week, but he was often the funniest on the night, just so little of it survived the edit.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 2 2009, 1:19 PM BST

How?

Because I laugh after he talks. This doesn't often happen with the others so far in series 7.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ August 2 2009, 10:48 PM BST

Because I laugh after he talks.

At what? As far as I can tell, he doesn't say much in the way of funny. He says 'isn't it' and 'don't they' a lot. And has that grating voice. And grating face. He's generally more annoying than funny. To me anyway. I rate him bottom out of the regulars myself.

I like Andy but he's perhaps only marginally better at the format then Hugh. They've both got that thing going where their jokes don't really work in such a conflicting situation, especially because Andy's jokes tend to require quite a bit of lead in/set up which is usually when someone else steals the spotlight. Frankie's part of the problem since 9 times out of 10 now he'll get a long focus if he speaks up/cuts in. I can recall at least one time where Andy was trying to setup a joke and got shot down before he could do anything with it...awkward.

Quote: Gelgoog @ August 3 2009, 10:12 AM BST

I can recall at least one time where Andy was trying to setup a joke and got shot down before he could do anything with it...awkward.

Always a problem with panel shows. I recall, I think it was Jeremy Hardy, saying when he first joined The News Quiz being told never, ever to interrupt Alan Coren.

Quote: Timbo @ August 3 2009, 10:30 AM BST

Always a problem with panel shows. I recall, I think it was Jeremy Hardy, saying when he first joined The News Quiz being told never, ever to interrupt Alan Coren.

'Listen up Jezza, you talk over me one more time and I'll f**kin' cut ya! Carve you up good and proper, like a Christmas turkey, there'll be Claret all over the shop.' threatened the imposing bald figure of Alan Coren.

Poor Jeremy didn't know where to look.

He'd have done it too. You don't mess with the Cricklewood massive.

Quote: Timbo @ August 3 2009, 1:06 PM BST

He'd have done it too. You don't mess with the Cricklewood massive.

Despite enjoying his "eating out" reviews in The Times, I hear that sonny-boy Giles can apparently be a bit of an tantrum-throwing prick.

His children are both supremely annoying and with about a tenth of their father's talent.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 3 2009, 9:00 AM BST

At what? As far as I can tell, he doesn't say much in the way of funny. He says 'isn't it' and 'don't they' a lot. And has that grating voice. And grating face. He's generally more annoying than funny. To me anyway. I rate him bottom out of the regulars myself.

It's all opinion based, isn't it? I think he's funny, you don't. Simple as that.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ August 4 2009, 11:10 AM BST

I think he's funny, you don't. Simple as that.

Is it though? Hey? Is it?

Yes :)

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ August 4 2009, 11:10 AM BST

It's all opinion based, isn't it? I think he's funny, you don't. Simple as that.

If we started adopting that sort of logic around here where would it all end? You're wrong. Unimpressed