Birds of a Feather Page 12

Yayyyyyyyyy!

I must admit I haven't watched this for about 10 years! But I used to enjoy watching them but sadly they don't really get repeated but it will be nice to see it return!

This is the most exciting news today :D

I've watched the whole 1-9 over the last few weeks.

Can't wait for series 10.

Looking forward to this return. I can't wait for it. I wish they showed a Christmas special on ITV at Christmas. Then pick up the series about a couple of months later.

booo to ITV for getting it :(

The opening theme tune of this show makes me depressed. Like the opening theme to Last of the Summer Wine. It evokes memories of boring evenings in front of the telly with my mum when I was a kid.
If the fashion is for mediocre, gentle sitcoms, I assume we can expect a "reboot" of May To December, Lame Duck and Brush Strokes.

Loved May To December and Brush Strokes, so fine by me!

To each his own.

I would never have described Birds of a Feather as gentle, at least not in its day. It was criticised for the language used during Series 1. I think it still has a life, especially after the stage show was so popular.

The people who write off Birds Of A Feather as 'gentle' tend to give 2point4 Children the same bizarrely ill-informed critique. We can but laugh, David. :)

at least that's one laugh from BOAF and 2P4C

Quote: David Carmon @ June 19 2013, 10:19 PM BST

I would never have described Birds of a Feather as gentle.

Predictable, then? The New Statesman was much funnier.

Quote: Aaron @ June 20 2013, 1:29 AM BST

The people who write off Birds Of A Feather as 'gentle' tend to give 2point4 Children the same bizarrely ill-informed critique. We can but laugh, David. :)

True that.

Neither was hard hitting, but they were far from gentle, warm and cosy, snuggle up TV.

A question about Birds Of A Feather, only for those interested in minutia: in Series 5, Find the Lady, Sharon, Tracey, Dorian and Garth are sitting in a car on a tidy street of middle-class homes. The music is a whistled tune that reminds me of something... I just don't know what. I wondered if it is meant to evoke another situation comedy set in a similar street.

Quote: G180e @ June 18 2013, 3:41 PM BST

I must admit I haven't watched this for about 10 years! But I used to enjoy watching them but sadly they don't really get repeated but it will be nice to see it return!

Well it's on every day at the mo, on channel Drama, which I didn't even know was there, must be new. It oddly suits the Drama slot, there's funny stuff in it but much is based around soapy narratives.

I'm finding it watchable, but not as enjoyable as a sitcom, which it is supposed to be. Reminds me now of Shelley, although it didn't when it was first on. I'll be honest and say without the annoying Dorian this show would be a dead duck. She is the main cue for laughs and sarcasm which this show is very strong on. Hmm, three main characters women, and the main type of humour is sarcasm and bitchy insults. There's a revelation.