Birds of a Feather Page 11

Wow, it does indeed look like it's a Network release. Intriguing - annoying, but intriguing.

Annoying as in they could be crap DVDs?

No, annoying as in I wish they'd finish releasing their own stuff first, before taking up something from another distributor. Second Thoughts springs to mind. They've got a really packed schedule of new releases already.

Watch as they release the 2nd series and stop for 5 years.

Bit miffed at the re-release of series 1, already got it twice, won't be getting it again, but probably makes sense with last years and the 2003 version being deleted. No point in putting out series 2 if the first isn't available.

Got the 3rd issue of Series 1 today.

A lot better than the previous 2 DVDs.

Still waiting for Series 2 though.

Series 3-8 are now up for pre-order on Amazon! :D

See Amazon product listing

Wow, that is pretty swift and quick going! Can't imagine what the rationale behind such a speedy release schedule is.

If only Last Of The Summer Wine was released as quickly. On other hand it gives the fans something to look forward to I suppose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_a_Feather Two series out in one day for 3 consecutive months, almost like the distributors are embarrassed of the show and trying to get it out of the way as quickly as possible

Wonder where series 9 is

They'll probably be announcing that in another month or two, with the complete set on the same day.

Anybody else bought all 9 series?

I quite like the way they've done them, quality wise the picture is decent and the artwork and discs look smart.

Only thing I'm a bit miffed at is the release of the complete box set, with the releases being so close together they could have easily just released a box set in the first place.

Happy it's all out now though. Finally. Now all I need are 2point4 Children, Next of Kin and Health and Efficiency.

Oh and Dad

I have all 9 series.

I suppose in their defence there maybe people who only want the odd series or two e.g. the one with the "Like a Virgin" episode or just series 1 etc.

The worst thing they could do is include some box set only exclusive - I know that they did a special short episode with French & Saunders for Comic Relief back in 1991.

ITV have reportedly commissioned Series 10.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001177/itv_orders_new_birds_of_a_feather_series/

Nooooo !!!