- 1989 - 1994
- BBC One
- 39 (6 series)
- Anton Rodgers, Eve Matheson, Lesley Dunlop, Paul Venables, Frances White, Rebecca Lacey, Carolyn Pickles, Kate Williams and Chrissie Cotterill
- Paul Mendelson
- Sydney Lotterby, Paul Harrison and John Kilby
- Sydney Lotterby and Sharon Bloom
Solicitor Alec Callender is a dreamer. He longs for cases in the vein of his hero, fictional attorney Perry Mason, but in small-town England rarely gets work more exciting than a mucky divorce.
However, a case of precisely that nature provides the middle-aged widower with excitement in the form of Zoe Angell. At 26, she is less than half of his age - barely older than his son in fact - but shared interests and a similar sense of humour with the young PE teacher sees romance blossom between the unlikely pair. Their families offer differing and wavering levels of support, but love will always find a way - won't it?
- Production company
- First broadcast
- Sunday 2nd April 1989 on BBC One at 8:35pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 27th May 1994 on BBC One