- 1991 - 1999
- BBC One
- 56 (8 series)
- Belinda Lang, Gary Olsen, Julia Hills, Clare Woodgate, Clare Buckfield, John Pickard and Kim Benson
- Andrew Marshall
- Richard Boden, Nick Wood and Dewi Humphreys
- Richard Boden and Rosemary McGowan
Welcome to deepest darkest Chiswick, and the very average terraced home of the Porter family.
Ben, a plumber, lives with his wife, Bill, and their two children, Jenny and David. Whilst struggling to keep on top of the rest of the family's woes, Bill runs a small catering business with her man-hungry best friend and neighbour, Rona.
On the surface, they're a very average family unit, complete with 2.4 children - the .4 in the guise of fun-loving Ben - but behind the unexceptional facade, the Porters and their friends find themselves caught in a never-ending string of bizarre situations and peculiar dilemmas. It seems that bad luck, strange occurrences and poor judgement all conspire to turn the Porters' world topsy-turvy!
- Production company
- Also known as
- 2point4 Christmas (Other official name)
- Theme tune composed by Howard Goodall.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 3rd September 1991 on BBC One at 8:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 30th December 1999 on BBC One at 9:35pm
- Last repeat
- Friday 31st May 2019 at 12:40pm on Gold