Birds of a Feather Page 10

Quote: barney @ April 3 2009, 10:59 AM GMT

tried and trusted hit

Is there a letter missing from that description?

Quote: David Carmon @ December 7 2009, 11:35 PM GMT

I want it back!!!!!!!!!!

I'd do anything to see Dorien sing Like A Virgin again.

Even buy, beg, borrow or steal a VHS player?

See Amazon product listing

Oh, ooops!

Although the video was good, I ordered it on the strength of the previous reweiw which said it contained the kareoke episode. It does NOT contain this episode. Not the sellers fault as I did not ask. I wish I could find video with this episode on.

I would love to see its return, but they are a bit old. Linda Robson useed to very slim with nice long blonde hair, but she looks very big and old now. All the episodes can be found on YouTube, but I have never seen the episode 'The Chigwell Years'.

Yeah, people getting old and expecting us to watch them on TV, how dare they!

Id watch it if it came back.. they would be better as older women.. kinda like the UK Golden Girls!!

Quote: barney @ January 16 2010, 6:04 PM GMT

Id watch it if it came back.. they would be better as older women.. kinda like the UK Golden Girls!!

They've tried that already, it was called Brighton Belles, flopped badly!

Sadly as of this moment in time and space there is no news of a DVD release of BOAF despite our continuous and desperate pleas. Fremantle PLC control the rights and they haven't scraped their act together, despite approaches from DVD distributors. Dunno why.

Because they are complete and utter twonks!

:)

I have both releases of Series 1. I really want to see the rest, Fremantle emailed me back with the usual response of "no plans yet."

Maybe one day......

Quote: Mozza @ March 13 2010, 12:20 PM GMT

Sadly as of this moment in time and space there is no news of a DVD release of BOAF despite our continuous and desperate pleas. Fremantle PLC control the rights and they haven't scraped their act together, despite approaches from DVD distributors. Dunno why.

They seem perfectly happy to go diving into the archive whenever Network want something! Maybe they have a separate and mutually highly lucrative contract though...

Still, talk about taking the proverbial. If they're happy to sell the tapes to Paramount/Comedy Central for broadcast, what on earth could be holding them back from distributors...?

A slight update.....

Linda Robson was on This Morning yesterday and sais that they are hoping to film it once Pauline Quirke's 6 months stint at Emmerdale is finished. The scripts are apparantly being completed now She said the only thing that woud stop it would be if Pauline's Emmerdale contract got extended.

Very interesting. Thanks for the update.

Says on Play.com that Network are releasing series 2, any news on it yet?

Birds of a feather is really bad! >_<

Quote: David Carmon @ July 9 2010, 7:58 PM BST

Says on Play.com that Network are releasing series 2, any news on it yet?

Network? Don't know about that. But it does appear that Series 1 is due for re-release, along with Series 2 for the first time, yes. It's been discussed elsewhere.

Richard Saunders mentioned it on Facebook and said it was Network doing it, good sign if so as they've done The Upper Hand and upto series 3 already since Jan.