Worst comedy Page 12

Quote: Pingl @ December 1 2012, 9:08 PM GMT

I really liked My Wife Next Door, but You Rang was crap.

I remember My Wife...I don't recall it being all that bad. M'Lord was dire and what was that other one about the Beeching Railway cuts? I wacthed all of those for Jeffrey Holland, though, because he's my best friend's cousin. true.

I've remembered a show that had Lorraine Chase and maybe David Essex in it. They were on a canal barge I might have dreamed this or made it up.

Quote: codename 47 @ December 10 2012, 5:40 PM GMT

Chris Barrie left Red Dwarf to star in a terrible series about an ex-footballer who set up some company or other (I can't remember, was it a taxi company or something?) complete with "comedy" Geordie accent.

Gary Prince in A Prince Among Men.

Quote: Pip Bond @ December 10 2012, 8:10 PM GMT

I remember My Wife...I don't recall it being all that bad. M'Lord was dire and what was that other one about the Beeching Railway cuts? I wacthed all of those for Jeffrey Holland, though, because he's my best friend's cousin. true.

Oh Doctor Beeching!.

Quote: Pip Bond @ December 10 2012, 8:33 PM GMT

I've remembered a show that had Lorraine Chase and maybe David Essex in it. They were on a canal barge I might have dreamed this or made it up.

It was Katy Murphy, not Loraine Chase - I can't remember what it was called, but seem to recall that it was only semi-dismal.

Quote: Pip Bond @ December 10 2012, 8:33 PM GMT

The River. Available on DVD: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/item/1698/the_river_the_complete_series_dvd/

Wasn't he a gypsy, with a little neck scarf?

Quote: zooo @ December 10 2012, 8:55 PM GMT

Wasn't he a gypsy, with a little neck scarf?

Your mum's a gypsy with a little neck scarf.

Laughing out loud

I might have to buy that DVD now to see the little neck scarf. Why wasn't Lorraine Chase in it though, I ask myself? I bet I'll watch it and think, well, that was very poor, but had Lorraine Chase played the female lead, it would have been eminently watchable.

I'm now left wondering if there was a sitcom of roughly that era that she was in, because I'm sure I saw one and I'm sure it wasn't very good.

Quote: Pip Bond @ December 11 2012, 7:06 AM GMT

I might have to buy that DVD now to see the little neck scarf. Why wasn't Lorraine Chase in it though, I ask myself? I bet I'll watch it and think, well, that was very poor, but had Lorraine Chase played the female lead, it would have been eminently watchable.

I'm now left wondering if there was a sitcom of roughly that era that she was in, because I'm sure I saw one and I'm sure it wasn't very good.

The Other 'Arf... dire

Quote: Pingl @ December 11 2012, 10:15 AM GMT

The Other 'Arf... dire

Also now out on DVD: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/item/2132/the_other_arf_the_complete_first_series_dvd/ https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/item/2654/the_other_arf_the_complete_second_series_dvd/

The worst ones I think
1. Citizen Khan. It was just awful beyond one the writing was too hmmmm pointless.

2. Me And Mrs Jones. Don't get don't wanna get it milfs are not funny at all...

3. In With The Flynns. Hmmm least said about that...

4. Wild West. Dawn French .. She should stick to her day job. Hmmm.

Just the four I can think of .. Really.

Quote: Grenford @ December 16 2012, 12:08 PM GMT

The worst ones I think
1. Citizen Khan. It was just awful beyond one the writing was too hmmmm pointless.

2. Me And Mrs Jones. Don't get don't wanna get it milfs are not funny at all...

3. In With The Flynns. Hmmm least said about that...

4. Wild West. Dawn French .. She should stick to her day job. Hmmm.

Just the four I can think of .. Really.

All shit :)

It was once said to me let them see it. Let them think it .. Let them see it's funny your viewer is not stupid . Let Them think it . Let the viewer think that it's some thing that could happened .. My beloved ex who worked for the writers guild .. Was a great teacher

Me And Mrs Jones.