Worst comedy Page 17

The most pathetic comedies are the Channel 4 ones such as Black Books, Rev. and Spy.

Well one out of three isn't bad. ;)

Rev. - BBC Two
Spy - Sky1

"Two Dumb Girls" er, I mean, "Two Broke Girls."

Two and a half men, and it get worse in the new episodes.

"Miranda' is the worst of the current crop.

Simply because it believes itself to be clever and knowing, but doesn't really have the talent to be clever nor knowing. The fact that it's formulaic tripe and not very funny is neither here nor there.

Hah! Don't you get it? The feeble plotting, telegraphed jokes and two dimensional characters are ironic! You must be feeling sooo embarrassed right now.

Quote: Tursiops @ 18th November 2013, 10:01 AM GMT

Hah! Don't you get it? The feeble plotting, telegraphed jokes and two dimensional characters are ironic! You must be feeling sooo embarrassed right now.

D'oh!

Would agree with 2 Broke Girls and 2 And a Half Men. Both of those shows should be buried and never spoken of again.

Not a British one but the Joey spin-off from Friends was pretty damn bad, it aired on Channel 5 for a short time and I remember taping and watching every episode...he was a great character in Friends but didn't have enough for a spin-off.

Man Down with Greg Davies in is pretty awful as well, which is a shame as I like him - especially in The Inbetweeners.

Whenever they tried to do comedy in Vexed it just didn't work. Toby Stephens and Miranda Raison just aren't comic actors. Plus the show's meant to be funny so it really falls very flat.

Anything with James Cordon, that guy is just unfunny.

Quote: EvaR @ 12th November 2013, 4:08 PM GMT

Two and a half men, and it get worse in the new episodes.

Why are you watching new episodes of a show you already know that you dislike?

I just don't get how 2 and a half men even has an audience. At first it was just Charlie Sheen calling himself Charlie and bedding an endless string of moronic hot chicks, with immature, unamusing and highly contrived scenarios and gags delivered by a group of the most irritating characters ever created.
And then they ran out of ideas and it went downhill.

The only decent thing to come out of it was that the kid joined a brainwashing cult and criticised the hell out the show in public! That and the self destruction of Charlie Sheen (although it was sad to see how many people bought into his whole 'winning' thing).

I also never understood how How I Met Your Mother was such a hit. Of all the generic post-Friends comedies that have come and gone in the last decade, this has been the most successful. Apart from Barney (who has long outlived his coolness), there are no endearing characters. In fact the main character has probably never said anything funny in his life, and the whole premise of the show is tired and dragged out.
Yet it has almost 25m Facebook fans, more than 3 times Modern Family, which is actually original and funny and has won the primetime emmy 4 years in a row.

for British comedies: My Family. People should've been shot for allowing this travesty to clog up the prime time airwaves and budgets for 11 years.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel! ;)

I was just getting warmed up :D

I do like most sitcoms I come across and have a high tolerance level for mediocre shows but those mentioned above deserve to be torn into. They're the comedic equivalent of One Direction and Justin Bieber, comedies for people who don't like comedy.