- 1995 - 1997
- BBC One
- 20 (1 pilot + 2 series)
- Paul Shane, Su Pollard, Jeffrey Holland, Julia Deakin, Barbara New, Stephen Lewis, Ivor Roberts, Perry Benson and others
- David Croft and Richard Spendlove
- Roy Gould
- David Croft and Charles Garland
The year is 1963, and the new station master at the rural outpost of Hatley has just been informed that many of Britain's less-used railway stations could be closed by the head of British Rail, Dr. Beeching.
The staff resolve to do everything that they can to make a good impression and keep the station - and indeed the line - open. Unfortunately, love rivalries, jealousy, short tempers and incompetence combine with a deeply ingrained easy pace of lifestyle at the station to make this a task far easier said than done!
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Monday 14th August 1995 on BBC One at 8:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 28th September 1997 on BBC One at 6:45pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes