Worst comedy

What is the worstest comedy ever?
I hate Absolutely Fabulous, what do you think?
The reason I did this thread because no has done the worst comedy ever yet.

If I had to vote for the worst sitcom of the last 20 years or so I'd go for Damon Wayans' shitcom called My Wife And Kids. Terrible stuff...and Wayans is as talented a sitcom actor as I am a heavyweight boxer.

i never heard of that one

Quote: kall @ August 29 2012, 8:58 PM BST

i never heard of that one

You lucky lucky bastard! Laughing out loud

My Hero was bad but Big Top was the worst est

I wasn't too keen on My Hero.

You know how you get films that are so bad they're good, like terrible 50s sci-fi B movies etc. Is there any comedy that's just so pathetically unfunny, it becomes funny?

I don't know

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ August 29 2012, 9:22 PM BST

You know how you get films that are so bad they're good, like terrible 50s sci-fi B movies etc. Is there any comedy that's just so pathetically unfunny, it becomes funny?

I think it's different with comedy. Generally the films that are so bad they're good are trying to achieve one thing and missing the mark, hitting something else. ie. horror that isn't scary but is ridiculous. If comedy is bad it's generally because the comedy doesn't work, so it's unlikely to be unintentionally funny.

Quote: Harridan @ August 29 2012, 9:28 PM BST

I think it's different with comedy. Generally the films that are so bad they're good are trying to achieve one thing and missing the mark, hitting something else. ie. horror that isn't scary but is ridiculous. If comedy is bad it's generally because the comedy doesn't work, so it's unlikely to be unintentionally funny.

But then you can maybe measure the cringe factor. A sitcom that misses the mark so brutally can make you cringe a deserves therefore a special praise compared to one that is just plain unfunny

Some comedy are boring not all

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 29 2012, 9:37 PM BST

But then you can maybe measure the cringe factor. A sitcom that misses the mark so brutally can make you cringe a deserves therefore a special praise compared to one that is just plain unfunny

It's like those Christmas cracker jokes you get, some are just so pathetically unfunny the unfunniness becomes the jokes. Like this blinder I got last Christmas:

Q. Why do ghosts live in the fridge?
A. Because it's cool.

The big gag being that "cool" means both low in temperature, and good. I particularly like the way the ghost bit makes you think there must be some kind of play on words related to ghosts, when actually they only chose ghosts because they're the only thing they can claim live in fridges without being demonstrably wrong. Ie if they said tigers live in the fridge, every can easily see they don't, but with ghosts? You can't really prove that wrong.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ September 3 2012, 9:10 PM BST

It's like those Christmas cracker jokes you get, some are just so pathetically unfunny the unfunniness becomes the jokes. Like this blinder I got last Christmas:

Q. Why do ghosts live in the fridge?
A. Because it's cool.

Better than the one I got at my brother's place one Christmas.

Q. In what year did Nazi Germany annexe Austria?
A. 1938

Seriously, while tucking into the turkey and all the trimmings, I was being given a bloody history lesson.

David Mitchell would probably have loved that one. Laughing out loud

Up The Elephant And Round The Castle is a massive stinker.

I quite like that, even though I hate Jim Davidson as a person.