Worst comedy Page 11

Little Miss Jocelyn.

Quote: Pingl @ November 30 2012, 8:42 PM GMT

There was Hardwicke House, but in that case because of complaints. I'd love to see that one again, especially the episode that had Mayall and Edmondson as old boys that was never shown. I remember thinking it was really funny at the time, with the great Roy Kinnear as the headmaster. I believe ITV destroyed it shortly after it was pulled, if true a great shame.

Thankfully, that's just a Wikipedia-esque rumour, and the full series does still exist. I badger Network about it from time to time. The first two episodes are fascinating, and would be broadcast today without so much as the blink of an eyelid, let alone press uproar.

Quote: Aaron @ November 30 2012, 11:56 PM GMT

Thankfully, that's just a Wikipedia-esque rumour, and the full series does still exist. I badger Network about it from time to time. The first two episodes are fascinating, and would be broadcast today without so much as the blink of an eyelid, let alone press uproar.

Oh I'm glad about that, it must be worth releasing having never been fully shown. I've always wanted to see the rest of them, here's hoping, keep on badgering :)

Interesting point of trivia: Ed Miliband's wife is one of the pupils.

Quote: Aaron @ December 1 2012, 12:04 AM GMT

Interesting point of trivia: Ed Miliband's wife is one of the pupils.

Now that makes it worth releasing on its own Laughing out loud

My Wife Next Door and You Rang, M'Lord? were both tragic failures.

Quote: James8734 @ December 1 2012, 8:59 PM GMT

I really liked My Wife Next Door, but You Rang was crap.

My Wife Next Door is a great little show. Can't work out why it's not been released on DVD yet.

Quote: Aaron @ December 1 2012, 9:45 PM GMT

My Wife Next Door is a great little show. Can't work out why it's not been released on DVD yet.

I watched it again quite a while back on UK Gold, still really good, but I'm a big John Alderton fan. Should be released it was really popular when it first aired.

Absolutely Fabulous is fun. Why do you hate it? There's no reason that makes you hate it! :$

Quote: James8734 @ December 1 2012, 8:59 PM GMT

You Rang, M'Lord????

A failure?

Perry and Croft both state it's their favourite of all the shows they did

I think it's excellent, second only to Dad's Army from all their great sitcoms.

Quote: lofthouse @ December 5 2012, 9:14 PM GMT

You Rang, M'Lord????

A failure?

Perry and Croft both state it's their favourite of all the shows they did

I think it's excellent, second only to Dad's Army from all their great sitcoms.

It Ain't Half Hot Mum, which I have heard Perry say was his favourite.

Quote: Pingl @ December 5 2012, 9:42 PM GMT

It Ain't Half Hot Mum, which I have heard Perry say was his favourite.

"Considered by many to be Perry and Croft's best work (both of them have said that it is their favourite too), the series examines many issues including class, gender and sexuality."

Duck Patrol!

Quote: Badhead @ November 6 2012, 7:44 PM GMT

After Parklife and the sucess of the re release of quadrophenia. Phil Daniels' agent must have said "you're cool again, you need to build on that. You should do this wacky new show called Sunnyside Farm". That was the end for poor old Phil.

Somehow Matt Lucas's career survived that.
Having "George Dawes" in it was the main reason my young self tuned in, but after the first dire episode (which wasn't just bad it was SO bad it was close to appalling) I never bothered with it again.

Speaking of tuning in to shows based on the reputation of the stars (a reputation based on other comedy shows too...), Chris Barrie left Red Dwarf to star in a terrible series about an ex-footballer who set up some company or other (I can't remember, was it a taxi company or something?) complete with "comedy" Geordie accent.

It's as if they tried to cynically repeat the formula for The Brittas Empire and failed miserably.