Would I Lie To You? - Series 3 Page 2

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 6 2009, 5:20 PM BST

Ross was amazing on They Think It's All Over.

Good God.

Very happy to see this show back though. Shame it will be minus Angus.

Agree. He is a wasted talent to some extent. Must be a very good reason why he left, I suspect. (Theories a) fell-out with producers, or b) fell-out with producers over money.)

Perhaps they suddenly realised that the title of show is rather ironic when one considers Angus's previous behaviour,

I'm not too keen on Brydon replacing Deayton but we shall see. Angus is great because he plays the host part perfectly, in that he acts merely as a sort of mediator and doesn't attempt to dominate or become the focus of attention which I feel Brydon will do (at least moreso)...

Exactly. I find Rob Brydon fairly irritating when he's working unscripted.

Brydon will be brilliant. But I did like Angus.

I see this has been given the prime time slot after the 10 o'clock news when no one gives a f**k. That must be heartwarming for them.

Why has Angus been replaced?

Lee Mack is on Radio 1 now. :)

From what I've heard Angus wanted to do more acting and even suggested he audition for a role in EastEnders (am not sure what character this would have been for). The BBC refused his requests hence he threw a diva strop and quit WILTY?.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ August 7 2009, 3:00 PM BST

Why has Angus been replaced?

I heard he'd been ditched because they want to bring more 'warmth' to the show after all the recent BBC taste scandals (e.g. replace Deayton's caustic and personal barbs* with Brydon's charm). But, then again, Sebastian's story sounds equally correct and plausible.

* They don't want another "Jimmy Savile joke" incident (see our guide if you don't remember what that was about)

I haven't seen any of the previous series' but will tune in tonight.

I'm sure they're all thrilled with that.

Lee Mack is the 'don'

Quote: luke not going out to have two pints @ August 10 2009, 7:14 PM BST

Lee Mack is the 'don'

Don Rushmore is really Lee? Blimey! :O

Wheres Brydons hair come from?

Out of his head?