Would I Lie To You? - Series 3 Page 3

Hee...poor David: "The joke computer" Laughing out loud

The show was nothing special, but I think Ill keep watching.

Quote: JuliaC @ August 10 2009, 11:04 PM BST

Hee...poor David: "The joke computer" Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud The Pheasant Zinger!!

Pretty funny. But I can't help the feeling that this show really scrapes the barrel of panel show premises.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 10 2009, 11:08 PM BST

Laughing out loud
I loved that bit . I wanted it to be true so much. A pretty good start to the series overall, I think Rob did a good job

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 11:16 PM BST

Pretty funny. But I can't help the feeling that this show really scrapes the barrel of panel show premises.

It does rather. I still get more laughs from it than other panel shows though

Is it really that bad? It's only a vehicle for them to be funny, so it doesn't really bother me. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 10 2009, 11:08 PM BST

I like it when he gets justifiably annoyed by people thinking he's some sort of old-fashioned, pompous technophobe, like that embarrasing interview with Jonathan Ross.

But I can't help the feeling that this show really scrapes the barrel of panel show premises.

No that's "As Seen On TV" surely.

Quote: JuliaC @ August 10 2009, 11:23 PM BST

I like it when he gets justifiably annoyed by people thinking he's some sort of old-fashioned, pompous technophobe, like that embarrasing interview with Jonathan Ross.

That was bad. But it was Ross after all. Cock.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 10 2009, 11:25 PM BST

No that's "As Seen On TV" surely.

As Seen On TV is great. And has substance, there's a point to it - TV trivia. It's not the typical comic panel game. This one just feels like they sat around a table with the intention of developing a panel game, but everything had already been done.

Like I say though, it's still pretty funny.

This is actually my favourite panel show. I like the fact that the actual game is of interest and it isn't just the jokes of the panellists that keep it going. I do wish Ross had agreed to be on it though.

I prefer this to ASOTV myself. I preferred Tele Addicts. :D

Enjoyed it basically for David Mitchell. Especially, as noted, the "Well done the Joke Computer" line, which I particularly enjoyed because it's rare that you hear a panelist actually subtly slag off a tired and predictable autocue joke on these shows. (Talking of which, how many programme associates (writers) were there on the credits? 9 or so? That's surely the most I've ever seen on a UK panel show.)

See the boss' kid on work experience (aka Russell Howard) was there as usual. Doesn't he have a home to go to?

I remember when this show was called 'Call My Bluff' and featured grave dodging zombies and some paedo in a bow tie.

David Mitchell was funny though and I suppose this will have to do until they bring back 'Give Us A Clue' with Alan Carr and Frankie Boyle.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 10 2009, 11:58 PM BST

and some paedo in a bow tie.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Renegade can I enquire what your real name is? I am almost certain I know you

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 11 2009, 12:12 AM BST

Renegade can I enquire what your real name is? I am almost certain I know you

That's crafty, but it's not quite Derren Brown, is it? ;)