Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 10

I suspect I may be in a minority here, but how did this pile of poo make it beyond one series.

The few times I have suffered through an episode, I keep expecting Terry And June or Love Thy Neighbour to be discussed - particularly retro was Lee pretending to be gay and therefore having no interest in football. I reckon Life On Mars brought it back from 1973 and somebody at the BBC thought "ooh, carbon paper copy, not seen that for ages" and commissioned it

This is dire and the sooner they kill it, rather than showing it at 3am or whatever God awful slot it goes out in, the better.

It's precisely that old-schoolness that I love so much about it. Packed with crackng gags. I'd gladly see every sitcom on British television adopt this style.

Except the sublime Outnumbered, obviously.

I love the way that it is just jammed-packed with jokes even though it seems to have a lot of critisism for it. It's certainly a relief from these sitcoms which get all serious or turn into a drama. Only Fools and Horses for example when Del starts giving his speeches about fatherhood. Yawn.

Aaron, Speeches or Speaches? :S

Double e.

I avoided this show because Lee Mack usually gets on my nerves, but I'm surprised by how good it is. I like the fact that it's not the usual cosy domestic set up and has some proper gags.

Hey...I'm new :]

I love Not Going Out...it's the best TV programme since Fawlty Towers!

Any idea when series 3 will be on TV??? The wait is driving me mad! :]

Edited by Aaron.

Quote: Mrs Mack @ January 11 2009, 2:05 PM GMT

I love Not Going Out...It's the best TV programme since Fawlty Towers!

:O :S

Welcome anyway Mrs Mack. Wave

Best tidy up your punctuation before Aaron goes on at you. :)

Series 3 can't be long off. They are just finishing repeating all series 2 on BBC One, so hopefully not long after that's finished!

Quote: Mrs Mack @ January 11 2009, 2:05 PM GMT

Any idea when series 3 will be on TV??? The wait is driving me mad!

It's not been scheduled yet. But, as Lindyloop says, it hopefully won't be too much longer now. The fact they're running repeats of series two at the moment and the series two DVD is out soon are both clues that the new series must be on the way.

Keep an eye on our coming soon list, because as soon as a start date is announced NGO will pop up on the list: https://www.comedy.co.uk/schedule/coming_up/

Hope it is on soon, can't wait

Saw a trailer for it on BBC1 tonight. Can't wait for it to return...hopefully with added Tim. :D

I think it should be back on Friday 30th January.

Quote: cylon6 @ January 16 2009, 8:41 PM GMT

Saw a trailer for it on BBC1 tonight. Can't wait for it to return...hopefully with added Tim. :D

Thanks

Quote: cylon6 @ January 16 2009, 8:41 PM GMT

It is indeed... Lee think's he might have become a father.

The new Friday line-up will be QI at 9pm, Not Going Out at 9:30pm, over to Channel 4 for Plus One (which is moving back in the schedules so as not to clash with NGO), then back to BBC1 for Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, or over to BBC Three for the next in its new string of pilots (on the 30th it's The Site starring Paul Kaye). For some reason though The Old Guys, which was also meant to start on Fridays has been delayed.

Anyway, can't wait for NGO to be back!

But if Plus One goes out at 10pm why do they need to move it?