Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 13

It's this coming Friday, right? Very much looking forward to it, and looking forward to see the lovely Sally Bretton on my TV again. Lovey

Yep, this Friday! :)

I just found this description of the first episode:

Most sitcoms have done away with a studio audience but Not Going Out remains touchingly old-fashioned. If you're used to the natural feel of Gavin & Stacey or Outnumbered, it takes a few moments to acclimatise to the studio lights and set-up/gag/set-up/gag rhythms of Not Going Out, but it's worth it: the jokes are lovingly crafted and nobody could accuse Lee Mack of not knowing how to deliver a zinger. Mack plays hopeless big-kid Lee, whose long-held crush on his landlady Lucy isn't helped by the fact that she is the sister of his best friend, Tim (Tim Vine). Tonight's opener for series three undermines the trad format with a gleefully off-colour, not to say X-rated, storyline: Lucy thinks she's pregnant and Lee is worried he may have helped get her that way, although exactly how doesn't bear too much thinking about.

I really can't wait! :D

Quote: Lindyloop @ January 28 2009, 12:23 PM GMT

I really can't wait! :D

I'm getting all excited too! All indicators suggest it is going to be a very strong series and, very potentially, easily the best series yet.

Another picture to get people in the mood...

I had the pleasure of talking to Lee Mack about the new series earlier. Watch out for an exclusive interview on the site on Friday.

Quote: Jackinho44 @ January 28 2009, 12:44 AM GMT

It's this coming Friday, right? Very much looking forward to it, and looking forward to see the lovely Sally Bretton on my TV again. Lovey

Thanks for joining Jack. Here's a picture just for you...

Quote: Mark @ January 28 2009, 3:18 PM GMT

Thanks for joining Jack. Here's a picture just for you...

Oh you are too kind.
:D

Quote: Mark @ January 28 2009, 3:18 PM GMT

I had the pleasure of talking to Lee Mack about the new series earlier. Watch out for an exclusive interview on the site on Friday.

Did he mention his co-writers?

Is there anyone Lee Mack hasn't talked to in the last fortnight? You can't open a paper or magazine without seeing him.

Actually I've hardly seen anything! However, I did find this interview with him:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/lee-mack-the-comedian-who-is-upping-the-pace-of-british-sitcoms-1515549.html

I am very much looking forward to the interview on this site on Friday.

Liked the Independent article - he makes some very intelligent points - unlike Tim Vine, whose interviews tend to be loaded with gags for the most part!

Quote: chipolata @ January 29 2009, 2:55 PM GMT

Is there anyone Lee Mack hasn't talked to in the last fortnight? You can't open a paper or magazine without seeing him.

Well, here's our contribution to that: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/interview/lee_mack/

I like to think that, unlike the national press interview(s) with Lee, our one is a bit more in-depth and interesting for those that already know the basics about the show.

Excellent interview, as ever. Very much looking forward to the proverbial kick-off tomorrow.

Remember everyone, it's BBC One at 9:30pm. :)

Well Done. Brilliant, brilliant interview. Like you said, much better than any in the national press. It's nice to know how lovingly crafted Not Going Out is.

Excellent interview!

I always forget it's possible he reads the thread.

Hello Mr Mack! *waves*

Ahem.

Great interview, Mark. What a lovely chap Lee Mack seems. Can't wait for the new episodes. :D

I still miss Megan Dodds a bit though, although I did also love series 2.