Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 14

Just to add to my excitement, I got an email today saying my Not Going Out- Series 2 DVD is in the post. Yay!

Quote: JuliaC @ January 29 2009, 8:25 PM GMT

Great interview, Mark. What a lovely chap Lee Mack seems.

Agreed. Looking forward to the new series.

Nice interview again Mark (and Mr Mack).

Quote: chipolata @ January 29 2009, 2:55 PM GMT

Is there anyone Lee Mack hasn't talked to in the last fortnight? You can't open a paper or magazine without seeing him.

Awwww shit! I miss everything.

Quote: Lindyloop @ January 29 2009, 5:32 PM GMT

Actually I've hardly seen anything! However, I did find this interview with him:

Independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/lee-mack-the-comedian-who-is-upping-the-pace-of-british-sitcoms

Wahaaaay! Cheers Lindy.

Quote: Greg @ January 29 2009, 7:04 PM GMT

Liked the Independent article - he makes some very intelligent points - unlike Tim Vine, whose interviews tend to be loaded with gags for the most part!

Doesn't Tim Vine hold some sort of Guinness Book of records for the most gags in an hour? 500 I think it was.
Was listening to him being interviewed on the radio whilst I was driving and he was fed a line about what was in fashion etc., and when he came to be asked what he considered was going out of fashion, he instantly spewed out dozens of crackers. He didn't finish - he was stopped by a creased up interviewer. I could only remember his first reply though, because I was laughing that much -
"Exit signs, they're on the way out." He's not talented - he's gifted!

P.S. An hour! Nah what am I on about? Must've been over 10 hours or something.

Quote: Aaron @ January 29 2009, 8:04 PM GMT

Remember everyone, it's BBC One at 9:30pm. :)

Copy that, Aaron.
Tomorrow will be the best TV laughs of the week, for sure.

*thumbs up to all*

At least Daisy's there. I think she's great.

I was on a fundraising phone-in for Tim Vine to tell loads of jokes in a minute. I was still giving my payment details when he did it and missed the lot. Still I got guaranteed tickets for the last show.

Great interview. I think I may be in love with Lee. :]

Does anyone know if he's making any TV appearances?

I've kept looking out for him but have found nothing as of yet. :S

So excited about the new series...I've actually been plugging it to everyone I've spoken to! However, I've had to warn them that if indeed they DO watch it, they can't possibly become as big a fan as myself. :]

He's on today's edition of The One Show (BBC One, 7:00pm).

Quote: Mrs Mack @ January 30 2009, 4:36 PM GMT

they can't possibly become as big a fan as myself.

Sorry, you're too late, that position has already been filled.

Quote: Aaron @ January 30 2009, 5:00 PM GMT

He's on today's edition of The One Show (BBC One, 7:00pm).

Cheers for that Aaron.

From the Lee Mack interview on this site, (about THIS site and what YOU post) -

LEE MACK said:
"Andrew Collins, who I know does his podcast via your website, drew my attention to the site a while back when we were writing the other series, and so I have been and checked it out... and it's great! It really is great. On your website, even the people who don't like my show are a bit more, I dunno, clued up. If they don't like something, they will say so in an intelligent way."

Wahaaay - Aye up Lee! (Aye up? - Yeah, well he is from Southport y'know). So pleased you hold Everybody Loves Raymond in such high regard. It's my number one choice for best family sit-com ever, along with NGOut, (he quickly added), yet everyone I know is less than enthusiastic about ELR, no matter how hard I try to persuade them to stick with it.

Here's hoping NGOut also runs for 10 years or so.

Let's hope it doesn't turn into Everybody Loves Raymond though, 'cause I don't. ;)

Quote: Lindyloop @ January 29 2009, 8:27 PM GMT

Just to add to my excitement, I got an email today saying my Not Going Out- Series 2 DVD is in the post. Yay!

Me too. I can't wait for the new series tonight.

Quote: Danny K @ January 30 2009, 6:08 PM GMT

Wahaaay - Aye up Lee! (Aye up? - Yeah, well he is from Southport y'know). So pleased you hold Everybody Loves Raymond in such high regard. It's my number one choice for best family sit-com ever, along with NGOut, (he quickly added), yet everyone I know is less than enthusiastic about ELR, no matter how hard I try to persuade them to stick with it.

I really quite enjoy ELR. :)

So was it worth the wait?

I loved it. Great episode, I laughed a lot, especially at the 'twist' at the end! :D

Barbara is brilliant. :)