We Are Klang Page 4

Quote: swerytd @ July 30 2009, 12:20 PM BST

I went to that one too! Wish I'd have known who you were -- for all I know I could have sat next to you all evening without realising! ;)

How could I forget? You took up all the elbow room. :)

I've just watched this after reading the 'mixed' reviews on here. Yes it's silly and I can see why some won't like it but I enjoyed it more than I expected, possibly as I've seen two now so I'm getting used to them a bit.

Vic n Bob are still way ahead for me but it made me laugh so I'll keep watching.

I also agree it could easily be a kids programme if they took out a few rude references. I loved Rentaghost!

Jx

I only caught half, but kind of half liked it. Will have to try and watch it all and see how it develops. I liked the dancing horse bit.

I think the comparisons to Vic And Bob are a bit off the mark though, they do quite dark, surreal work, where as this is bright and silly. The idea that they're a modern day Goodies feels a bit closer to the truth.

The Goodies were way way superior. They're generally viewed as the other Python.

This was just slack. Bit like the way some people compare Horne and Corden to Morecambe and Wise.

Quote: sootyj @ July 31 2009, 7:15 PM BST

The Goodies were way way superior.

I'm not saying they were better or worse, just that this had more in common with The Goodies than with Vic And Bobs work.

Quote: sootyj @ July 31 2009, 7:15 PM BST

The Goodies were way way superior.

But where are they now?

Just because it bares a resemblance and they even made reference to that, doesn't mean they're any better or worse.

They made me LOL a lot. Because they're likable characters and I think that's what is most important.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 31 2009, 7:17 PM BST

I'm not saying they were better or worse, just that this had more in common with The Goodies than with Vic And Bobs work.

Hi Matt. I'm not sure if you saw the audition bit - but I thought that was very Vic n Bob like. Bob would often do funny surreal little turns in their earlier shows.

I went to a recording of theirs too. Bob held a door open for me after and 'Vic' barged through.

:)

Wave 'WE ARE KLANG' Utter brilliance...I genuinely haven't laughed so much, or so loud (in my own company), to anything on television (iPlayer), ever!!! BBC One I think, instead of the doom and gloom of the 24 hr news please! Wave

Quote: Jane P @ July 31 2009, 7:26 PM BST

Bob held a door open for me after and 'Vic' barged through.

:)

Ooh er missus!

To be honest, I had it on and I didn't mind it at all.
A couple of bits made me laugh/smile.
Even when Greg was doing the I'm going to laugh in a minute facial expressions I didn't mind.(Rick Mayall never did that sort of thing :D )

I was a bit concerned when the continuity announcer at the end did said something about comedy geniuses, aah BBC Three bless them.

Not bad, nothing special.

Comparing them to The Goodies or Vic & Bob is like comparing *insert Aaron's favourite band* to The Beatles.
:D

That was breathtakingly bad.

Quote: Jules9753 @ July 31 2009, 8:44 PM BST

Wave 'WE ARE KLANG' Utter brilliance...I genuinely haven't laughed so much, or so loud (in my own company), to anything on television (iPlayer), ever!!! BBC One I think, instead of the doom and gloom of the 24 hr news please! Wave

Right, you're Danny Cohen and I claim my £5. (One day I must be right.)

Bit hit and miss for me. It was odd, as the first part seemed like a bit of a CBBC sitcom, but then it morphed into something else (and got better as a result).

There were some good lines hidden in the script and, as noted above, good chemistry between the leads... but I'm not sure how they thought things like the massive jet of urine would ever work for an adult audience.

Apparently next week is a step up in quality, so if you're already a fan you'll no doubt love it, if you didn't like it, give it at least one more chance before judging.

It was childrens telly with swearing. Very 'now'. Very 'BBC Three'. This is what they meant when they cancelled Pulling and said it didn't fit BBC Three's target audience - 16 year olds glued to Facebook who are like *so* into Lady GaGa, iPods and James Corden's belly.

*Rips up TV License in despair*

Quote: Mark @ August 1 2009, 12:06 AM BST

There were some good lines hidden in the script and, as noted above, good chemistry between the leads... but I'm not sure how they thought things like the massive jet of urine would ever work for an adult audience.

I think the BBC are desperate to produce a big silly studio audience sitcom. They tried with Lab Rats. Now they're trying with this. But I missed it and still can't comment on it.

Yes they are. But until they hire me as comedy consultant or something, they'll evidently keep on missing.