We Are Klang Page 6

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 3 2009, 12:57 PM BST

Just watched it. Brilliant. A cross between The Goodies and a really, really funny panto. The Jew Song was f**king hilarious and I loved the audience participation bits. There were a few bits that didn't work quite as well as the rest but in this kind of show the silly gags come so thick and fast that I don't think it matters.

I really like unpretentious, energetic comedy like this. The absolute polar opposite of all the po-faced, single cam depressing shite we've been drip-fed for so long.

Long live the Klang.

*high-five*

Quote: chipolata @ August 3 2009, 1:19 PM BST

It's not Ghostbusters, Walnut Man! There won't be dire consequences if threads are crossed!

Walnut man. Brilliant. I'm glad you're in charge of distributing nick-names. I wouldn't want one that was totally shit. Lady.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 3 2009, 1:23 PM BST

Walnut man. Brilliant. I'm glad you're in charge of distributing nick-names. I wouldn't want one that was totally shit.

It was either that or Kazuo Ishiguro's Number One Fan, Darren Pomroy's Sworn Enemy or The Man Who's Had Worse Than The Lead Singer of L7 on the Blob.

Anyway, We Are Klang. Still haven't seen it, but looking forward to.

Quote: chipolata @ August 3 2009, 1:30 PM BST

It was either that or Kazuo Ishiguro's Number One Fan, Darren Pomroy's Sworn Enemy or The Man Who's Had Worse Than The Lead Singer of L7 on the Blob.

F**king stalker. I suppose I should be flattered that I'm being entered into your 'ledger'.

Just read a preview of this at GQ:

"Many on the circuit however are concerned that the delightfully shocking and deliberately offensive humour of the live shows ("If a dog's tail is still wagging, how can it be rape?") will be toned down by the new post-Ross and Brand, controversy adverse BBC."

Now THAT line is funny. Could it be possible that this show was so poor because it had its balls cut off by Aunty?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 3 2009, 1:54 PM BST

Now THAT line is funny. Could it be possible that this show was so poor because it had its balls cut off by Aunty?

There has only been one episode. Wait a few before deciding whether it's been de-balled or not.

Quote: chipolata @ August 3 2009, 2:09 PM BST

There has only been one episode. Wait a few before deciding whether it's been de-balled or not.

As previously stated, I am.

The refreshing thing about it was that it wasn't one of the drinking, shagging and swearing brigade (i.e. nearly every other sitcom being made). I will continue to watch for the moment.

Quote: Bad dog @ August 3 2009, 2:15 PM BST

The refreshing thing about it was that it wasn't one of the drinking, shagging and swearing brigade (i.e. nearly every other sitcom being made). I will continue to watch for the moment.

Yes, good point. A BBC Three show which doesn't assume that all the audience want to see is a crass reflection of themselves.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 3 2009, 1:54 PM BST

With a song about Jews, no.

Just watched it. Brilliant. A cross between The Goodies and a really, really funny panto. The Jew Song was f**king hilarious and I loved the audience participation bits. There were a few bits that didn't work quite as well as the rest but in this kind of show the silly gags come so thick and fast that I don't think it matters.

I really like unpretentious, energetic comedy like this. The absolute polar opposite of all the po-faced, single cam depressing shite we've been drip-fed for so long.

Long live the Klang.

I agree with this. :)

Quote: JuliaC @ August 3 2009, 10:13 PM BST

I agree with this. :)

Me too!

Yay!

And me! :$

Long live the Klang.

I agree with you on this Lee but definitely not on 'The Kevin Bishop Show'. Having seen the second episode filmed I struggled to see how they'd edit it but they did a good job, even if by the very nature of the comedy it felt a bit all over the shop. Although it still didn't get anywhere near as funny as their live act. A few little tasters in the first episode of things they did in their act though, but as someone said earlier it felt a bit of a pared down version of WAK.