We Are Klang Page 10

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 7 2009, 10:40 PM BST

This will not develop the audience (or media attention) of a show such as The Mighty Boosh because it lacks any discernable sense of "cool":

Having only seen the first episode so far (and quite liked it),I don't think that the only thing that seperates the two shows is a sense of 'cool'.

At the most fundamental level they are the same kind of show.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 8 2009, 4:48 PM BST

At the most fundamental level they are the same kind of show.

But very different in execution; I think.

I tried to watch this, but just couldn't get into it. It was about 4am though. I found the performance a bit stagey shouty?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 8 2009, 4:56 PM BST

But very different in execution; I think.

The Boosh have created a more tangiable world too; at the moment Klangs feels quite thin in comparison. Though as I've said, I have enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to catching up with episode two.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 8 2009, 5:02 PM BST

The Boosh have created a more tangiable world too

Debatable that, I'd say.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 8 2009, 5:11 PM BST

Debatable that, I'd say.

Nah. (To me). :)

Anyway, enough talk of The Boosh before Aaron takes out his Mod stick. It has nails sticking trough it.

Well the first series was set in a zoo and was largely awful. They didn't manage the transition from radio to TV very well to begin with.

I hated it at first, but got into it eventually. It took me a while to get into its little world. The pilot was terrible mind and reminded me of We Are Klang with the studio audience and stuff.

We Are Klang is more suited to a live studio audience than the 'Boosh'. The problem was that they mixed the audience laughter poorly. This show should be filmed with the feeling of a panto atmosphere. The direction in terms of filming the comedy is generally good, but should it get a second series there are issues that need to be addressed.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 8 2009, 5:19 PM BST

Well the first series was set in a zoo and was largely awful. They didn't manage the transition from radio to TV very well to begin with.

I thought that the first series was the best of the three by a reasonable distance. Their humour seemed to be (just about) fitted into the scenario - whereas We Are Klang just feels like their humour loosely strung together as an afterthought in order to gain the 'sitcom' label.

Nah, the first series was ace; it's my favourite of the three by some distance.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 8 2009, 8:28 PM BST

Nah, the first series was ace; it's my favourite of the three by some distance.

Agreed. I'd say the third picked things up a bit, because the second was a bit of a disappointment for me.

Quote: Aaron @ August 8 2009, 5:37 PM BST

I thought that the first series was the best of the three by a reasonable distance.

Me too. As do most people!

(Back to Klang...)

Well the first series was set in a zoo and was largely awful.

That was my favourite series. Especially the top and tail bits where the Boosh boys talked directly to the audience.

Edited by Aaron.