We Are Klang Page 11

Back on topic with We Are Klang...

It's growing on me - I definitely like the madcap style and breaking down of the 4th wall, and Marek Larwood (the 'skinny Matt Lucas') is ace... but I'm still not sure about certain elements.

It's an odd mix of CBBC-style stuff and adult comedy. I think they need to decide which they're going for. Personally I'd suggest they go for the kids' market with this instead... there's no shame in it and they'd prove a massive hit with viewers I'm sure (most kids sitcoms are more-than-dire).

No, I wouldn't like that. We wouldn't have got the Jew song otherwise.

I love it. It's silly and fun.

Quote: Mark @ August 10 2009, 1:44 PM BST

Back on topic with We Are Klang...

Personally I'd suggest they go for the kids' market with this instead... there's no shame in it and they'd prove a massive hit with viewers I'm sure (most kids sitcoms are more-than-dire).

100% agree. I'm really loving this show and feel the swearing seems really out of place. BBC is in dire need of some pre-watershed comedy of substance and I think this could be the solution. It's unlike anything else out there and something everybody could enjoy.

Quote: TomCampbell @ August 11 2009, 7:06 AM BST

It's unlike anything else out there and something everybody could enjoy.

If everyone was retarded, yes.

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2009, 1:02 PM BST

If everyone was retarded, yes.

Define "retarded", Aaron.

"Finding We Are Klang to be more than merely including the occasional moment of amusement."

Just find the use of the word "retarded" rather offensive when used as a term of abuse. Retarded is a legitimate word when used in its appropriate context. But mentally or physically retarded people are not less important people, so I don't agree with using the word "retard" or "retarded" as a slang term for people one is inferring to be misguided/ignorant/mentally negligible. That's all. I'll crawl back into my "politically correct" sniper's nest now. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 11 2009, 1:41 PM BST

Just find the use of the word "retarded" rather offensive when used as a term of abuse. Retarded is a legitimate word when used in its appropriate context. But mentally or physically retarded people are not less important people, so I don't agree with using the word "retard" or "retarded" as a slang term for people one is inferring to be misguided/ignorant/mentally negligible. That's all. I'll crawl back into my "politically correct" sniper's nest now. :)

*high-five*

The more I watch this show, the more I enjoy it.

In case it seems I only say good things about shows it's because if I don't like something I stop watching it and leave others to enjoy it in peace.

Luckily I seem to be in the minority on that, or these threads wouldn't keep turning into an episode of Hollyoaks would they?

:)

I think it's got a lot of potential.
I just wish they hadn't made an acronym into P.E.N.I.S.

I can understand why people don't like it, the comedy is simple, sometimes needlessly crude and very cheesy. Not a very clever comedy, but it makes me laugh and - surely - that's what comedy is all about (whether you are retarded or not).

I understand why people dislike it and totally get why. I've watched the first two episodes a few times now and they continue to make me laugh and smile. Out of interest, could this be the most polarising comedy this year?

Quote: TomCampbell @ August 12 2009, 9:38 AM BST

could this be the most polarising comedy this year?

Ice Age3 was fairly polar.

Just watched the wee snip posted on the home page today... did make me laugh on more than one occasion :D

Maybe I have been a tad to quick to dismiss!

Shall give this another chance from the begining.

Quote: random @ August 12 2009, 10:06 AM BST

Shall give this another chance from the begining.

Yep.

Quote: TomCampbell @ August 12 2009, 9:38 AM BST

I can understand why people don't like it, the comedy is simple, sometimes needlessly crude and very cheesy. Not a very clever comedy

Simple is great. Crude is fabulous. Cheesey can be ace. This is just bizarre. I can't really describe why I don't like it. It's just ... well, they're annoying for a start.