We Are Klang Page 20

I agree.

I knew you'd say that. Can't we have a sarcasm emoticon? Bah!

Quote: random @ August 2 2009, 10:34 PM BST

Complete shite!

What a foolish comment. Rolling eyes

I've since watched again and enjoyed (I think it threw me on the first watch 'cos it was simply so different).

It's grown on me.

Greg's very good but think Marek Larwood's character is brilliant (not seen him before this, other than I think I recall seeing a glimpse of him briefly in Extras).

Well worth going back to, so pleased I did.

:)

I too have gone back to the show and given it another chance. My opinion has changed slightly.

It was really interesting to read this from Steve's interview 'To a certain degree - it's so cartoony, and by having our characters be quite so low status, some people may be alienated'.

I think this was certainly true for me on first viewing. I previously posted about how I disliked Marek's character for being so low status and had a bit of a dig at that. On re-watching I have warmed to him, especially in the 'David ChillBlane' epsiode where he was so vulnrable looking on the stage during the magic show part that I actually felt really guilty for ever being negative about him in the first place.

The show is not without its faults but it is a grower, and I am glad I went back to it.

I also really liked this part of Steve's interview: "It's also worth noting that as the series has progressed, there's been an increasing number of people who have come round to liking it, or at least hating it less, once they've got used to us."

He's totally correct.

Finally got around to watching the whole series. It's very entertaining and funnier than I originally expected it to be (before I went along to a recording).

I agree that it has a very sort of 'variety' act charm about it; the Saturday early evening comparisons are correct, for what it's worth. And I also agree that Greg corpsing over some lines is very funny and I like that about it (some of the lines, particularly insults, have obviously been hid from him, or he was expecting something else), in that they're kept in.

Anyway, in the last episode, just as Steve shouts (some would say fittingly) 'Arrrssseholes!', there's me and Jane P, top corner of screen for about 0.004 of a second. (Marc Warren is in the audience as the camera pans around -- I wonder if he gets a credit on imdb for that?)

Dan

I recorded the whole series on sky+ and only recently got to watch it. After watching the first episode I didn't hold out much hope for the rest of the series but it picked up from the second episode and I enjoyed it immensely.

It's unfunny seems rushed and forced humour. I get it, and I get what it's supposed to be. They just haven't done it good enough. It's worse than Chewin' The Fat (and that is saying something!).

I actually think this is a more adult Chuckle Brothers...I must actually stress though that Paul and Barry are comedy genius' of my childhood generation!

We are Klang is not my cup of cucumber.

Quote: swerytd @ September 14 2009, 12:43 PM BST

just as Steve shouts 'Arrrssseholes!', there's me and Jane P, top corner of screen for about 0.004 of a second.

Speak for yourself! :D

I'd still like to know why we had to spend twenty minutes holding bits of white paper over our heads!

I suspect if I'd not been to the recording I might have dismissed this series after one episode so I'm glad I took time to get into it.

I don't know if I'd want to see a second series of the same concept though. I hope they get commissioned to do something different next time.

Jx