We Are Klang Page 19

Surely they can spare the £300 this series cost?

Quote: zooo @ September 5 2009, 3:28 PM BST

:D

Well this type of show was always going to polarise opinion. I had only seen We Are Klang live a couple of times and, though I had enjoyed their shows, was full of trepidation about translating this kind of act to TV. (Didn't hear the radio shows.) This is the type of show that normally I would be slagging off, but it just worked for me. The performances were really strong, the writing rather desperate but occasionally inspired and the style of the show just about the right side of complete stupidity. Somehow it managed to achieve that rare thing of being something that was greater than the sum of its parts. It's a niche show, but then again (quite frankly) is The Mighty Boosh. For once, I'd be interested in seeing a breakdown of the demographics of the audience. Just to know who, like myself, kept with this series. I suspect that it has a small-scale appeal to a wide age range of comedy fans, whose usual taste in comedy is far-removed fro this style of humour.

Quote: zooo @ September 5 2009, 3:28 PM BST

Laughing out loud

I really wanted to like this but I just can't get into it. I think its the canned laughter after every line which I find off-putting.

I neither loved this or hated it, mainly so I could feel special & different as it's a very "Love it or hate it" show.

They did do a song called 'Wake up Steve' so at the very least I've been able to use that as my alarm call on my mobile phone.

One TV critic described them as the Not Very Goodies, which did make me laugh.

That is a very good critique of them actually!

I thought all 6 episodes were brilliant even if they could have been on CBBC if it wasn't for the odd swear word and rude picture. (I saw Marek on CBBC the other day) England And I thought Greg was Rik Mayall when I first saw him on the box.

Quote: Aaron @ September 6 2009, 12:00 AM BST

That is a very good critique of them actually!

Umm...no it's not. I think they're better than The Goodies (sacre bleu!) and I must say I look forward to the next show each week. As for Marek (earlier posting) I would gladly take him home with me and give him a hug *I am not gay*.

Umm...yes it is.

I remember The Goodies from first time around and they had some very hit-and-miss shows, to be honest. Still loved them though. We Are Klang deserves a 2nd series IMO. This show (as zooo alluded to) was done for about £300, yet it was obviously borne out of genuine love of silly comedy. It's a genre that isn't being served really anywhere else at the moment, so I'd like to see it given at least one more run.

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our interview with Steve Hall.

Cheers for that. Read it (very good). :)

*shakes his head disapprovingly - Steve Hall stylee*

:D

Quote: Aaron @ September 5 2009, 3:27 PM BST

... I hope that BBC Three don't waste any more money on this.

Yes, because what BBC Three really need to be spending their money on is more episodes of the 'classic' BBC Three comedies, like Two f**king Pints.