We Are Klang Page 18

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 4 2009, 2:15 AM BST

Couldn't agree more. :)

(Each to his own. ;) )

Indeed. I have a wide taste in humour.

My view won't be shared my many here it seems but their sitcom is childish rubbish masquerading as edgy and experimental, that 'engaging the audience' stuff is a weak attempt to make them look cutting edge and take the focus off the fact that their sitcom is peurile, blatant and very irritating. Why do TV producers keep going for stuff that is so unappolagetically bad, just because the writer-performers already have a name of sorts in comedy? I'm sorry but I think stand up should be stand up and sitcom should be sitcom and I do not agree that mixing the two forms produces anything but a complete mess, however cool or trendy it looks. I'd like to see a bill passed in parliament to stop this fusion rubbish being put on our TVs. Keep our sitcoms sitcoms!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ September 5 2009, 9:05 AM BST

My view won't be shared my many here it seems but their sitcom is childish rubbish masquerading as edgy and experimental, that 'engaging the audience' stuff is a weak attempt to make them look cutting edge and take the focus off the fact that their sitcom is peurile, blatant and very irritating. Why do TV producers keep going for stuff that is so unappolagetically bad, just because the writer-performers already have a name of sorts in comedy? I'm sorry but I think stand up should be stand up and sitcom should be sitcom and I do not agree that mixing the two forms produces anything but a complete mess, however cool or trendy it looks. I'd like to see a bill passed in parliament to stop this fusion rubbish being put on our TVs. Keep our sitcoms sitcoms!

Entirely agree with you except for one thing.
It's not even close to being a sitcom. It's sweary Krackerjack.

My view won't be shared my many here it seems but their sitcom is childish rubbish ../

That was the first impression I got too, but I quickly realised that despite the childish appearance, it's actually carefully written and the humour is often quite subtle, which is possibly why I enjoy it.

I don't think it is trying to be edgy. This sort of thing has been around for decades.

It's just fun though. Plus, it's the first series, plus it's the first time trying this out, plus I think now they've done it, they know what works and what doesn't.

It really does surprise me that people can't just not watch BBC Three at 10:30pm on a Thursday. It's not like they'd have anything better on, this is BBC Three we are talking about.

Keep our sitcoms sitcoms!

And be forced to watch I Love Lucy clones? Where would innovation come from? We would never have anything original if it wasn't for people sticking their neck out. Even if underneath, you could argue there was a tight formula to The Young Ones, it still appeared to be anarchic and if that wasn't given the chance, it wouldn't have opened the doors for other such shows.

I think evolution is good. There are lots of options out there for the sitcom fan, My Family, We Are Klang, Peep Show all span a wide audience. Twot twis twrong twith twat?

Edited by Aaron.

I really liked it by the end. I hope another series comes along soon.

Quote: zooo @ September 5 2009, 2:59 PM BST

I really liked it by the end. I hope another series comes along soon.

Hah! The Dragon Turd (or whatever it was called) :D

Well that dragon better get writing!

A weak series. Some pretty funny stuff, but too few and far between. The audience stuff was just bad, and although the shows improved (or perhaps I got more used to them) as the series progressed it wasn't anything to shout about. No charm or feel-good factor in it to speak of - generally quite an unsatisfying watch. So nothing I'd recommend, and it'd have to be £1 before I even considered buying it. Nice to see them experimenting, yes, but I hope that BBC Three don't waste any more money on this.