We Are Klang Page 17

I can't find it anywhere, anyone know when this is out on DVD?

Not scheduled yet. Likely to be when the second series starts, or if uncommissioned, shortly after the announcement of demise is made.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 25 2009, 9:05 PM BST

I liked the Ben Folds song they used towards the end of the episode.
Also the theme tune sounds very much like 'Rocking the Suburbs' by the same artist.
I think they must be fellow fans.

I'm glad somebody else noticed that!! Great song, Rockin' The Suburbs!

Really enjoyed it again this week. Ainsley Harriot I thought was very funny in his capacity, with a totally bizarre conclusion to it (I want to say it's lampooning Blackadder Goes Forth "Over The Top" but daren't say it in case there's something else that precedes it).

It would be interesting if this goes to a second series, but I get the impression it won't as they are burning through all their stand-up routines fairly quickly. Makes you wonder what form a second series would take?

If it's just one series, I'm happy. It's made me laugh and smile and I enjoy watching the episodes over and over again!

Ainsley Harriot going, "Grrrr". Was f**king hilarious.

Quote: TomCampbell @ August 28 2009, 6:35 PM BST

(I want to say it's lampooning Blackadder Goes Forth "Over The Top" but daren't say it in case there's something else that precedes it).

I don't think there was a precedent.

It would be interesting if this goes to a second series, but I get the impression it won't as they are burning through all their stand-up routines fairly quickly.

...But there definitely is for that.

Ainsley Harriot should move into acting! Stole the show this week.

Ainsley Harriot I thought was very funny in his capacity, with a totally bizarre conclusion to it (I want to say it's lampooning Blackadder Goes Forth "Over The Top" but daren't say it in case there's something else that precedes it).

It's parodying the ending to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, hence the sepia freeze-frame and 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head'. (For what it's worth.)

There's a strong whiff of ' The Young Ones' about Klang. The Rik Mayall lookalike is self-confessed, the stupid one is a bit like Neil, there are musical intervals, all the cartoon-style violence and schoolboy rudeness, and there was even a crisp bag ranting from the podium.

I think the magic is wearing off for me, I didn't find ep. 4 funny at all, and didn't even watch ep. 5. I may tune in for the last one this week.

Quote: Aaron @ August 16 2009, 1:58 PM BST

I can see a certain similarity, but not enough to comment on. But surely he's more the tall Rik Mayall than the fat one?

I saw Greg in Edinburgh and he does have a bit of a belly on him, but gets away with it because of his lofty stature and relatively-slim legs. I think they called him "Fatgut Sparrowlegs" in one episode which is exaggerating the truth, but then that's what they do isn't it?

Although Marek looking like a "strangled Baby" had me in tears.

Stupid, silly, juvenile series with some truly awful gags.

Love it though. It has charm, which is sadly in short supply in comedy at the moment. Would be very happy to hear about a 2nd series getting commissioned. (I have to give congratulations to BBC 3 for once as well. This won't transfer to a mainstream audience in the way Gavin & Stacey did, but it would be nice if it got a run on BBC 2 at some stage.)

I'm so disappointed it's over, its been one of the highlights of BBC comedy in recent years! Coming of Age was good too. Far better than Gavin and Stacey, Horne and Corden, Jam & Jerusalem or Little Miss I'm so unfunny you'll want to kill yourself.

Can I keep Marek please?

Quote: lemming3k @ September 4 2009, 2:04 AM BST

I'm so disappointed it's over, its been one of the highlights of BBC comedy in recent years! Coming of Age was good too. Far better than Gavin and Stacey, Horne and Corden, Jam & Jerusalem or Little Miss I'm so unfunny you'll want to kill yourself.

Couldn't agree more.
:)

Quote: lemming3k @ September 4 2009, 2:09 AM BST

It's a bit like Two Pints, great show, with a few moments that just cross the line a bit.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 4 2009, 2:06 AM BST

Couldn't agree more.
:)

:D