We Are Klang Page 13

Massive improvement this week. Still nothing splendid, and numerous shocking shortcomings, but I did laugh on a number of occasions. They really do need to dump the songs though.

Bugger it. Sky+ "Failed" to record tonight's ep. And it's not on the iPlayer yet either. Shite.

It's repeated at 2:15, if they've not put it up by then.

Quote: Aaron @ August 13 2009, 11:49 PM BST

It's repeated at 2:15, if they've not put it up by then.

Ah nice one, cheers Aaron. I may have to wait as beddybies beckons. I've got a long drive to Blackpool on the morrow for a debauched evening of fish and chips, warm pissy ale and Cannon & Ball.

It's going to be shit and brilliant in equal measure I hope.

I liked:

Marek:
I'm 32 and I haven't even touched a girl's penis yet.

The lines following that were quite funny too. And the Inbetweeners joke.

I have to admit it is growing on me. I don't like the set-up or the way they've gone about doing it, but there were some really funny lines in this latest episode.

Quote: Mat Brooks @ August 12 2009, 9:38 PM BST

I have to say, if this TV series was twice as good it would still be f**king SHIT!!!!! It's so bad it makes me angry,

So what do you think about those of us who like it?

I still loved it, but felt this was the weakest of the three so far. Felt like the ending was very rushed...as if Klang thought "oh God, we gotta write out way out of this now!"

Still amused me plenty though, Greg is becoming fast my favourite!!

Agreed ^

I'm sorry Ed Parnell, I don't mean to be rude, so I'll but comparing this rank Shit to Bottom is ridiculous! Crazy and anything goes? Not really, Bottom made sure their stuff was funny. Couldn't be more different. One of the best comedies made, compared to Klang which made me and my friend ashamed to be British after watching it. It's just not acceptable.

Next let's compare Gold and a brain tumor.

In my view Bottom was mostly awful beyond series 1. It made me ashamed to be British.

Gold and a brain tumour? You've sort of counter-argued your own point there. The two are incomparable in any meaningful respect.

We Are Klang is a show I usually wouldn't like, but it has something almost indefinable which allows me to view it without direct comparisons to other shows. It's greater than the sum of its parts. Definitely a love-it-or-hate-it show though.

I've just caught up with this show and I sort of see why you would compare it with Bottom as there's lots of physical stuff going on. But I liked it. Okay it's not perfect and I think the audience participation bit could have been handled better in the last show but it made me laugh and the characters are well thought out. So over all I'm in.

"The two are incomparable in any meaningful respect."

that was exactly my point!

I'm not sure why it has to be compared with other shows. It doesn't take itself seriously and it's funny (to some of us at least).

I wouldn't want all sitcoms to be this lightweight but I've gone from not knowing who they were to looking forward to whatever they do next.

:)

P.S. I like the songs!

Quote: Mat Brooks @ August 14 2009, 2:35 PM BST

that was exactly my point!

No it wasn't.