- 2008 - 2014
- BBC Radio 4
- 27 (4 series)
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Roger Allam, Stephanie Cole, John Finnemore and Anthony Head
- John Finnemore
- David Tyler
Set in a small airline business, Cabin Pressure is a comedy about the wing and a prayer world of a tiny, one-plane charter airline staffed by two pilots - one on his way down, and one who was never up to start with. Whether they're flying squaddies to Hamburg, metal sheets to Mozambique, transporting lads on a stag night or shifting a panther for the odd oil sheik, no job is too small - but many jobs prove to be too difficult - for MJN Air!
The airline is run by forbidding divorcee Carolyn Knapp-Shappey who, at last, in her mid-60s, is free of her awful husband, but pleasingly not free of his private jet. Her two pilots are the smooth, experienced and almost certainly fired-by-a-big-airline-for-all-round-naughtiness Douglas, and the struggling, almost competent sweaty young captain Martin. General help is provided by Carolyn's dim-witted son Arthur.
- Also known as
- Cabin Pressure At Christmas
- Jet Lag (Working title)
- Theme tune is the overture from Ruslan and Lyudmila by Mikhail Glinka.
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 2nd July 2008 at 11:30am on BBC Radio 4
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 24th December 2014 at 6:30pm on BBC Radio 4
- Most recent repeats