We Are Klang

Apologies if there's already a thread - I couldn't see one.

As I just discovered from this very site their sitcom starts tomorrow.

I went along to the recording of the last episode a little while back. I have to confess I didn't actually know who they were at that point. I'd missed their sketch show. It was good fun but as we know it's sometimes hard to tell if that will translate to TV.

We got to sneak in the green room after which was a bit crowded but we couldn't miss Greg - the tallest man I've ever seen. :) As was also evident from Mock The Week!

Do they have any fans on here - anyone going to watch?

JP

Quote: Jane P @ July 29 2009, 2:03 PM BST

anyone going to watch?

I will now. :)

I'm not sure about W.A.K. They are certainly destined for comedy. Their stand up act is pretty good. Maybe I feel guilty laughing at such silliness?

I dunno. But I'll deffo give it a go.

I'm recording it. I'll watch it on the basis that I like Greg from his Inbetweeners work and I've enjoyed the little babyfaced one from stuff he's done.

Cool - and I'm not even on commission. :)

If you like your comedy 'silly side up' go for it.

Great performances too.

Jx

I'm going to give it a watch, I've enjoyed the little bits of their act I've seen. Plus I like silly.

From the preview clips I've watched I thought they were horrible.

The few bits of them doing sketches I've seen were a bit hit or miss but I can't deny they did them very well. Did they get a TV or radio sketch show at all? They might have benefited from a good script editor/producer.

Quote: Afinkawan @ July 29 2009, 4:13 PM BST

Did they get a TV or radio sketch show at all?

This very thread is about their TV show, which airs this week! :D

Quote: Jane P @ July 29 2009, 2:03 PM BST

Apologies if there's already a thread - I couldn't see one.

As I just discovered from this very site their sitcom starts tomorrow.

I went along to the recording of the last episode a little while back. I have to confess I didn't actually know who they were at that point. I'd missed their sketch show. It was good fun but as we know it's sometimes hard to tell if that will translate to TV.

We got to sneak in the green room after which was a bit crowded but we couldn't miss Greg - the tallest man I've ever seen. :) As was also evident from Mock The Week!

Do they have any fans on here - anyone going to watch?

JP

I went to that one too! Wish I'd have known who you were -- for all I know I could have sat next to you all evening without realising! ;)

Greg Davies is very, very funny. Would like to see him live. Reminds me a lot of Rik Mayall though. Steve Hall comes across a bit taciturn in it though. And Marek seems really shy and quiet off-stage (and on, sometimes!)

They had a radio show on Radio 7 a while back. It was sort of a spoof documentary of various fictitious characters. Couldn't get into the first couple and haven't listened to the second two yet.

This recording was funny though!

Dan

I'll take a look when it's on, but I haven't been impressed by what little I have seen of 'We Are Klang' so far.
When I've seen segments of their stand up act on telly I always get put off by the one who acts as though he has severe brain damage.

And although I like Greg Davies' performances in the Inbetweeners whenever I see him on Mock the week he seems to do this annoying thing where tries to keep himself from laughing at his own jokes, it always seems really affected to me.

Having said all that, I haven't seen that much of them so I will give it a chance & who knows? I may well end up becoming a fan.

Unfortunately for me, they're not my cup of tea

I went to the recording of the first episode and I struggle to see how they will have edited it to make a half hour programme. There was audience participation, with singing (much enjoyed be me, not) and some other bits that I won't spoil in the event they're in the show. But it wasn't very funny in general, although I have seen W.A.K live twice and they were two of the best sets I've seen. If you don't like demented, silly comedy this probably won't work for you but don't let it put you off seeing them live because that seems to be when they're at their best. :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 29 2009, 4:24 PM BST

This very thread is about their TV show, which airs this week! :D

Yes, I just realised that earlier today. Not that I'm likely to be home in time to watch it. Bloody work.

Klang are bloody hilarious live. Seriously funny guys. Greg walked right past me in Manchester train station a few weeks ago and I was staring into his nipples. I'm five foot 11.