- 1969 - 1996
- BBC One
- 86 (1 pilot + 10 series), plus 1 short special
- Carla Lane and Myra Taylor
- Nerys Hughes, Polly James, Elizabeth Estensen, Pauline Collins, Mollie Sugden, Michael Angelis, John Nettles, Eileen Kennally and others
- Carla Lane, Myra Taylor and Lew Schwarz
- Sydney Lotterby and Angie De Chastelai Smith
- Douglas Argent, Roger Race, Sydney Lotterby and Philip Kampff
Existing the trendiness and glory of the post-Beatles era, Liverpool is home to any number of sassy young men and women, each playing their part in redefining a youthful life of singledom away from the parental household.
Series 1 sees Beryl, a zany, go-getting woman of the world, sharing a flat with the somewhat more subdued Dawn.
From Series 2 Sandra is Beryl's flatmate, a hopelessly naive and virtuous romantic. They pursue men for differing reasons and jobs for the same - money! But everywhere they go, chaos reigns.
However, the scatty Beryl found love first, marrying at the end of Series 4 and leaving Sandra in search of a new flatmate - the scatty Carol Boswell.
- Part of
- Production company
- Theme music by The Scaffold. Incidental music composed by Ronnie Hazlehurst.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Monday 14th April 1969 on BBC One at 7:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 24th June 1996 on BBC One at 8:30pm
- Last repeat
- Saturday 18th June 2016 at 7:20pm on BBC2