Series 2, Episode 1 - Russell Howard and Hazel Irvine
- Monday 27th September 2010
- BBC Two
- 30 minutes
- 1.19 million viewers (5.90% audience share)
Ideas from people whose surnames are first names
- To stop people falling asleep behind the wheel every car should have a wasp in it. Genius
- Skydiving dolphins to speed up the process of experiencing the top 50 things to experience before you die. Genius
- Bigger boobs to make your stomach look smaller. Not a genius
Play Your Genius Right
This is a game between Russell and Hazel based on the game show Play Your Card Right. Each player has to guess whether or not more people thought that an idea was more genius than the previous one.
- Alarm clocks that wake you up with the smell of bacon. 32% thought it was genius. Starting idea. Hazel first to play.
- Nice tasting envelopes. 60% thought it was genius. Hazel guessed wrongly and Russell takes control.
- Mugs that scream when hot liquids are poured into them. 18% thought it was genius. Russell guessed wrongly and Hazel takes control.
- A one-way system in supermarkets. 70% thought it was genius. Hazel guessed wrongly and Russell takes control.
- Sat-nav shoes that walk you to your location. 55% thought it was genius. Russell guessed correctly.
- Car windscreen wipers should keep to the beat. 54% thought it was genius. Russell guessed wrongly and Hazel takes control.
- Standardised Chinese takeaway menus. 61% thought it was genius. Hazel guessed wrongly and Russell takes control.
- Bubble wrapped criminals. 58% thought it was genius. Russell guessed correctly and wins the game.
Pat Harkin - Master Genius
All of the following ideas are genius. Pat Harkin, an academic from Leeds, has sent in more ideas to Genius than anyone else - 201 in total. He plays a Mastermind quiz to see if he can remember his ideas.
- Ice lollies made out of soup.
- Genetically modify coconuts to contain chocolate so they would be like inside-out Bounty bars.
- Venetian trousers: pull a string and the legs roll up so you are wearing shorts.
- Mount seaside piers on casters so they could be moved south during the winter were it is warmer.
- Best before dates on clothes to avoid fashion faux pas.
- Edible money to speed up food shopping.
- Nightclub bouncers should wear suits made out of mirrors to protect them from drunks. The drunk would think they are attacking themselves.
- Put dead things inside Easter eggs to remind children the true meaning of Easter.
- Rewriting the song "One, two, buckle my shoe" so it lists the elements to make it more educational. It should go "One, two, hydrogen, helium".
- Crossbred hamster and moles to make ideal children's pets. When they die they have already buried themselves.
Stress Busting Ideas
- Vending machines with china plates, cups and glassware in them. To relieve stress you put money in the machine and the item drops out, smashing safely inside the machine. Not a genius
- To relieve stress, go into a room full of Ming vases with a baseball bat and smash everything up. Genius
- All mugs should be made out of Hobnob biscuits with a chocolate lining. Genius
- Coffins made out of pastry to make crematoriums smell nice. Genius
- Turn school classes into quiz shows. Genius
- Have depressed settings on internet browsers to prevent seeing depressing material. Genius
- Saturday 2nd October 2010 at 23.45
Cast & crew
|Dave Gorman||Host / Presenter|
|John L Spencer||Director|
|Ali Bryer Carron||Producer|
|Paul Schlesinger||Exec Producer|
|Simon Rogers||Production Design|
|Gareth Jones (as Grandmaster Gareth)||Composer|