Series 1, Episode 3 - Jonathan Pryce
- Weighing scales built into shoes: Genius
- Have appropriate regional accents for weather forecasts so you know which part to listen to (e.g. a Yorkshire accent for the weather in Yorkshire): Genius
- Making the Isle of Wight symmetrical to increase tourism: Winning genius
- A-bear-toirs: a place where naughty children go to have their teddy bear destroyed: Not genius
(Ideas from the reject bin included making coffeemate with actual coffee; one-size-fits-all wheelbarrows; back-up shoes, in which there is a spare shoe in the heel of each shoe in case your shoe gets lost; pre-slice vegetables in order to cut down on knife crime; 25-hour moisturiser for people who want a lay-in; "Bikes for Mikes" in which anyone called "Mike" would get a bike and anyone called "Michael" would get a bicycle; build a rollercoaster near Gateshead; renting houses; and a separate emergency phone number for hoax calls.)
Red Button Extras
- Extra idea - Mouse Trap: The Musical: Not genius.
- A guide to making an a-bear-trois rack.
- Speed genius: Jonathan considers some more ideas and gives his view instantly: Colour-coordinating everything in supermarkets so that similar coloured items are next to each other, e.g. carrots next to oranges (Genius); Backwards news - start with the least important events and finish with the most important (Genius); Interforna, which is like Interflora but with toads (Not genius); save money on the 2012 Olympics by outsourcing it to Beijing (Genius); every car should have a "How am I driving?" sticker and the number printed should be that of the driver's parents (Not genius); everyone should have their own theme tune (Genius); and an idea to solve the problems in the middle east (time runs out before idea is given).
- Friday 3rd April 2009
- BBC Two
- 30 minutes
Show past repeats
Cast & crew
|Dave Gorman||Host / Presenter|
|John L Spencer||Director|
|Ali Bryer Carron||Executive Producer|
|Armando Iannucci||Executive Producer|
|Simon Rogers||Production Designer|