Series 2, Episode 5 - Tim Minchin and Alexei Sayle
The Wheel of Dice
A person is selected by spinning a wheel depicting the faces of a die. If it lands on a one a person in their teens is asked, if it lands on two a person in their twenties is asked and so on.
- In their 40s: We should do away with the Moon. Not a genius
- In their teens: Transport as improved by Einstein's theory of relativity. Not a genius
- In their 60s: A system to lower the weight of lorries which carry large tonnages of budgies. Put a goshawk in the lorry so all the birds fly up and so do not weigh down the lorry. Genius
Spot the Genius
The judges have to guess which of three people have the idea of a mobile pub. The other two have different ideas.
- Mobile pubs. Genius
- A karma machine which causes bad things to happen to people who have down bad things. Not a genius
- Hamster balls for larger pets. Not a genius
Tim and Alexei are shown a picture full of clues. Images can relate to either one of the contestants or to a famous person not in the room. For every image relating to a contestant they spot they score one point. You lose a point for spotting an image relating to a famous person. All points are lost if they pick one of two images relating to people who share the same idea.
- Tim picks a fisherman, which relates to contestant Mark Fisher and his idea: All large crowds should have a Where's Wally? look-alike in them. Not a genius
- Alexei picks a cow in the sea, which relates to Mel C, which is wrong.
- Tim picks the condiments, which relates to contestant Marie-Louise Brown and her idea: Up-lit people to make them look nice. Not a genius
- Alexei picks a tap, which relates to Farrah Fawcett, which is wrong.
- Tim picks an organ, which relates to Cara Organ and her idea: Decimalised time. However this is the twin idea shared with Dave Cassar and Tim loses all his points. Not a genius
Picture and Cartoon Ideas
- Dancing shoes which download dances from the internet so the shoes dance instead of you. Genius
- Turn the London Underground into a lazy river. Not a genius
- Seagull-electrocuting bird tables. Genius
- Make false teeth with built-in harmonicas. Genius
- Nemesis finders as an opposite to a dating agency. Not a genius
- The Neanderkit - an escape kit for the modern caveman. [Not a genius
- NHS merchandising. Genius
- Monday 25th October 2010
- BBC Two
- 30 minutes
Show past repeats
|Sunday 31st October 2010||1:45am||BBC2|
Cast & crew
|Dave Gorman||Host / Presenter|
|John L Spencer||Director|
|Ali Bryer Carron||Producer|
|Paul Schlesinger||Executive Producer|
|Simon Rogers||Production Designer|
|Gareth Jones (as Grandmaster Gareth)||Composer|