BBC WritersRoom Page 10

Yes.

How long has writersroom been going? I take it that it's quite a new thing. Er... isn't it?

As far as I know it's been around in some form or another for quite a long time, but has only really taken off in terms of widespread knowledge of its existence in the last couple of years.

Well I submitted (a pretty awful) sitcom pilot to it when I was 17. I am now 36. (A reply must been imminent!)

If it's any comfort, you don't look 36.

Quote: jim field @ November 23 2009, 9:19 AM GMT

If it's any comfort, you don't look 36.

Now ask him if he comes here often.

Oh dear.

That wins a prize for the most stupid reference to Nazism of the day.

Unless anyone feels they can beat that.

Quote: Griff @ November 25 2009, 11:18 AM GMT

The massive row over at the Writersroom blog has now descended into concentration camp comparisons...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2009/11/unsolicited_scripts_an_update.shtml#P88939309

Excellent! I might pop over and stir it up later. :)

Quote: chipolata @ November 25 2009, 11:25 AM GMT

Excellent! I might pop over and stir it up later. :)

They seem to have stired themselves up quite enough without anybodies help Laughing out loud

The poor souls on there seem to think the only way to get their scripts read is via WritersRoom and that the all the BBC output comes via this route.

As I presume the WritersRoom is funded by the license fee and this only paid by UK residents, then it seems a fair new addition to the T&C.

Quote: Griff @ November 25 2009, 11:44 AM GMT

Isn't there something in the BBC charter about a commitment to work with the "best of British talent" or somesuch? Marc P will know.

Racist. First you don't like people with big noses, now this.

Quote: chipolata @ November 25 2009, 11:46 AM GMT

First you don't like people with big noses, now this.

Is that why he doesn't like me? :O :D

I don't expect TV stations in over countries to read my unsolicted scripts, so I don't see why the WritersRoom should.

I think there's enough talent already here. Anything else good enough will make it's self known by other means.

Quote: Griff @ November 25 2009, 11:49 AM GMT

They will do, though. I know people who have sold sketches and stuff to Belgians and Germans.

I get the feeling they wouldn't be too picky. Unimpressed

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 25 2009, 11:48 AM GMT

Is that why he doesn't like me? :O :D

Trust me, there's plenty of other reasons. Unimpressed

I sold lots of sketch stuff to German television and got flown out to be part of a development team, 3 of us including Phil Nice and worked on a sitcom that got made over there.