BBC WritersRoom Page 6

Quote: Badge @ April 22 2009, 9:13 PM BST

F**k off Slag you big wanky piece of pissing shit. :D

You guys know me so well. Laughing out loud

Anyone have anything back from them recently? I sent them something in January ( I think - although it may have been Feb) I got the little card back to say they had got it but haven't recivied the script back yet - Being ever hopeful I am taking this to mean that they are writing pages and pages of wonderful feedback. I just wondered if it was time to give them a little reminder?

They will deal with it when they deal with it, a reminder won't make any difference, other than to annoy them perhaps. :(

Quote: bigfella @ April 30 2009, 8:09 PM BST

Anyone have anything back from them recently? I sent them something in January ( I think - although it may have been Feb) I got the little card back to say they had got it but haven't recivied the script back yet - Being ever hopeful I am taking this to mean that they are writing pages and pages of wonderful feedback. I just wondered if it was time to give them a little reminder?

They say it can take 3 months don't they? Christ what a piss-awful job - wading through crappy scripts all day. (Present company excluded!)

took 'em four months with mine to get a rejection

In which case I shall wait then.

Anyone going to this?
BBC Writersroom Roadshow - Suffolk
----------------------------------
The BBC writersroom will be coming to the HighTide festival in Suffolk on 9 May 2009 to talk about what happens to your script when you send it in, how we assess your work and what we're looking for. You can also bring a script to hand in to us in person. http://www.hightide.org.uk/pages/writersroom.php

Found this in their blog - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/theverb/
Thought it might interest some people.

The Verb is a great programme but even slower than the W R! I have had a commission with them since June 08 but nothing broadcast yet.

Quote: Loopey @ May 1 2009, 1:35 PM BST

Anyone going to this?

I'm going to the one in Leicester this coming Thursday...

Quote: Loopey @ May 1 2009, 1:35 PM BST

Anyone going to this?

Quote: KJSmyling @ May 2 2009, 7:46 PM BST

Well worth it. Only a couple of hours long but very informative... if you get the chance go to one.

Quote: KJSmyling @ May 2 2009, 7:46 PM BST

Excellent- something that is on near me! I have e-mailed them to see if I can get a ticket.

Quote: Purdey @ May 8 2009, 5:41 PM BST

Excellent- something that is on near me! I have e-mailed them to see if I can get a ticket.

Errr... It was yesterday.... :S

Quote: KJSmyling @ May 8 2009, 7:16 PM BST

Errr... It was yesterday.... :S

Poo. In my excitement I forgot what day/week it is. This is the problem with holing up for days at a time writing.

So, how was it? Any tips to pass on?

I think most of the stuff at the roadshows is available on the website.