BBC WritersRoom Page 4

Oh, what the hell. In for a penny, in for a pound.
I've made the list a bit more concise, here's the latest list of new talent (as far as I can make out). Hope it's useful.

Leah Chillery

Sarah Phelps
Sarah came to our notice through Paines Plough Theatre Company.

Keith Brumpton
The creator of MI High

Paul Farrell

Ian Kershaw

Lucy Catherine

Levi David Addai

Sasha Hails

Karen Laws

Don't mess with me fool... Last Name P, Mr P. Grrr!

Lol

Quote: don rushmore @ April 20 2009, 1:23 PM BST

Tune in next week to see Tom G learn the difference between his ass and his elbow.

Sorry King Rushmore of the Maldives.

I bow down in the shadow of your infinite wisdom.

Can we all hug and make up?

Teary

Quote: Rhubarb @ April 20 2009, 2:27 PM BST

Teary

Lol. Fair play.

Quote: don rushmore @ April 20 2009, 1:23 PM BST

Tune in next week to see Tom G learn the difference between his ass and his elbow.

Well, that was childish.

You twat.

I tell you sometimes in here it's like watching Oscar Wilde play table tennis with Mark Twain.

I knew someone who did work experience at the BBC Writersroom, I never saw him again, I think they killed him because he liked a script he read.

Quote: Marc P @ April 20 2009, 3:54 PM BST

I tell you sometimes in here it's like watching Oscar Wilde play table tennis with Mark Twain.

Shouldn't that be Wiff-Waff?
The term Ping-Pong didn't come into use until 1901, a year after Wilde's death and "Table Tennis" a year or so after that after J. Jaques & Son Ltd had trademarked Ping-Pong.... Whistling nnocently

kjs

Quote: Michael Everett @ April 20 2009, 4:00 PM BST

I knew someone who did work experience at the BBC Writersroom, I never saw him again, I think they killed him because he liked a script he read.

They didn't kill him, apparently they sent him to the Maldives.

Quote: KJSmyling @ April 20 2009, 4:07 PM BST

Shouldn't that be Wiff-Waff?
The term Ping-Pong didn't come into use until 1901, a year after Wilde's death and "Table Tennis" a year or so after that after J. Jaques & Son Ltd had trademarked Ping-Pong.... Whistling nnocently

kjs

Yeah that's why I said it's 'like', not exactly table tennis, but an ealier version.

:)

But that makes the sentence grammatically incorrect then. It would have to be...

"I tell you sometimes in here it is akin to watching Oscar Wilde play Mark Twain at a game like table tennis."

;)

Quote: Rhubarb @ April 20 2009, 2:27 PM BST

Teary

*Sings*

where seldom is heard a discouraging word
and the sky is not cloudy all day.

Wave Wave :D

What, an argument and I missed it? Oh no...