- 1990 - 1998
- Channel 4
- 66 (1 pilot + 6 series), plus 2 short specials
- Andy Hamilton and Guy Jenkin
- Jeff Rawle, Robert Duncan, Haydn Gwynne, Ingrid Lacey, David Swift, Victoria Wicks, Stephen Tompkinson, Neil Pearson and Susannah Doyle
- Andy Hamilton, Guy Jenkin, Nick Revell, Malcolm Williamson and Ian Brown
- Liddy Oldroyd
- Andy Hamilton, Guy Jenkin and Denise O'Donoghue
Topical sitcom set in the production office of GlobeLink News, a television news company undergoing transformation under the hand of unscrupulous new owner Sir Royston Merchant. Having recently acquired the producer, the multi-millionaire media tycoon and business tyrant orders that the company should start taking a more sensationalist, tabloid stance in its reporting.
Yuppie Gus Hedges (who speaks in a myriad of boardroom 'buzzwords' and clichés) is in charge of the transformation. Nervous news editor George Dent is too weak to stand up to Gus so it is left to his second in command, the impressively perceptive Alex, to try and stop Gus ruining the station entirely.
Other staff included laddish womaniser Dave Charnley, ambitious moral-free field reporter Damien Day, and newsreaders Henry Davenport and Sally Smedley; him old fashioned and her a brainless bimbo.