BBC WritersRoom Page 12

Shame about the changes. :(

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ November 26 2009, 1:54 PM GMT

Shame about the changes. :(

I don't think the WritersRoom is much cop anyway, to be honest.

I wonder when they're going to start accepting email submissions.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 26 2009, 2:26 PM GMT

I don't think the WritersRoom is much cop anyway, to be honest.

I wonder when they're going to start accepting email submissions.

To be honest, the massive number of submissions they get renders them largely impotent. Sure, they might spot the odd talented individual, but more by luck than anything else. After all, if you're getting hundreds of scripts a week, maybe even thousands, it's impossible to judge each one fairly.

I got full feedback once. Later, I discovered that that just getting that was good.

Quote: Griff @ November 26 2009, 2:43 PM GMT

I blame computers. If people had still had to type their scripts out with a typewriter most of the mentals would give up.

You might have a point there. PC's have made it far too easy for every Tom, Dick and Dolly Dagger to bang out a script.

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ November 26 2009, 2:35 PM GMT

I got full feedback once. Later, I discovered that that just getting that was good.

You're in a tiny percentage!

Quote: Griff @ November 26 2009, 2:43 PM GMT

That is good. Well done.

I blame computers. If people had still had to type their scripts out with a typewriter most of the mentals would give up.

Thank you. :)

I could never be Karl Kolchak pounding away on a manual typewriter. I hit too many sour keys. Spellcheck is a wonderful gift to me.

Just get yourself an agent LJD. :)

I got feedback too for a script I sent in. Thing is, what do you do after that? They don't like you re-submitting it so yer kind of stuffed. Aren't you?

Deian the writersroom don;t make any programmes so not really. If it was good feedback act on it and get it to people who do make programmes. If it was middling feedback bin it and get to work on something else.

It was ok feedback, they didn't really seem to get the premise of it at all. It was more like a headmaster's report frankly.
It was for a radio but I suppose I could try it elsewhere. No harm eh?
Cheers.

Quote: deian @ December 1 2009, 12:10 PM GMT

It was ok feedback, they didn't really seem to get the premise of it at all. It was more like a headmaster's report frankly.
It was for a radio but I suppose I could try it elsewhere. No harm eh?
Cheers.

If they didn;t get the premise of it then you need to work at making it gettable from the very first page, even title. What was the premise?

Yeah, agree with Marc. If they didn't get it, it's not clear enough, so work on making it clear from the off and send to other prodcos.

Dan

what I meant by that is they didn't seem to understand that it was a spoof.
I'll make it clearer next time.

Or ask the BBC to provide more spoof readers.