The Inbetweeners - Series 1 Page 15

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 1 2008, 3:45 PM BST

I agreed because I thought he sounded like Phil Daniels in Quadrophenia, and that was actually released in 1979.

Don't back out now!

That was coincidence that I put 79.

As I said, I'm sure you don't get accents like that on telly anymore.

Phil Daniels 2008 still sounds like Phil Daniels 1979. Well, a bit of maturity in the voice, but pretty much the same.

Quote: Aaron @ June 1 2008, 3:25 PM BST

Are you implying that you have an attractive girlfriend? :P

I agree though. It might not be the most common scenario, but it does happen.

I wish, I'm implying that I have managed to pull the hot girl at a party :D

Quote: Paul W @ June 1 2008, 5:54 PM BST

I wish, I'm implying that I have managed to pull the hot girl at a party :D

Course you have Paul you're a Dude! their pitiful female brains are no match for you superior Man Brain.

Quote: Gavin @ June 1 2008, 6:08 PM BST

Course you have Paul you're a Dude! their pitiful female brains are no match for you superior Man Brain.

Never thought of it that way :D

BSG Exclusive! (Well, for now anyway.)

I've just been informed that The Inbetweeners has been commissioned for a second series, planned to air in 2009. No other details available at present, but we will of course bring all updates as we get them. :)

A big BSG well done to everyone involved! We're already looking forward to it.

Wahey! I'm glad. Can't see it going beyond a second series though, they will have finished school then. Unless they pick it up after christmas and finish the second series at the end of lower sixth?

I'm rambling, anyway, hooray for a second series!

Good news \o/

Yipeeee!

Watched all of this over the weekend (except episode 2 which I didn't record for some reason). It was good, I approve.

Agree with Seefacts about Simon being the 'Tim' character, although it seemed to go further than that: he *was* Martin Freeman in his expressions, reactions and (especially) banter and put-downs.

The 'witty repartee' between Will and the blonde one was excellent.
Roll on Spring Term.

Dan

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 2 2008, 1:30 PM BST

Wahey! I'm glad. Can't see it going beyond a second series though, they will have finished school then. Unless they pick it up after christmas and finish the second series at the end of lower sixth?

I think that might be the point, after Skins cut itself short because all of it's characters left for college E4 are probably a bit more wary about making school based shows. This way they have scope for up to five additional series, though I doubt they'll make that many.

Yayyyy!

They should just do a Simpsons and stay the same age forever.

I recommend the DVD, it's ace.

The commentaries are a laugh - all four of the cast come across as very funny.

And it's worth seeing the making of documentary simply to see how camp the guy who plays Donovan the bully actually is in real life!

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5437581/The-Inbetweeners-Series-1/Product.html]

... For anyone interested.

This would be a nice little DVD to own. I'll go own it now Whistling nnocently