The Inbetweeners - Series 1 Page 18

Next year some time.

Quote: Aaron @ October 30 2009, 1:36 PM BST

Next year some time.

Sometime in the future...

The kid who plays Will is fantastic - he's enormously talented, great timing, all that. The others are just a little less convincing, with the possible exception of the slightly earnest one with the bit of sticky-up hair.

It's good stuff, all in all. I'm puzzled if you prefer Freaks And Geeks 'cos surely it rings less bells.

Quote: the science eel @ November 18 2009, 3:17 PM GMT

It's good stuff, all in all. I'm puzzled if you prefer Freaks And Geeks 'cos surely it rings less bells.

Freaks And Geeks is an awesome show. Really brilliant.

So someone rehashes Porky's and all the other 80s sex comedies and sets it in England.

That's classic comedy is it?

No. Thankfully, neither is it The Inbetweeners.

Quote: Badhead @ July 20 2010, 7:17 PM BST

So someone rehashes Porky's and all the other 80s sex comedies and sets it in England.

That's classic comedy is it?

You didn't like it?

Quote: Shepka @ July 20 2010, 9:32 PM BST

You didn't like it?

No. Can't understand why it won awards.

I love, love loved this. Fantastic, funny, brilliantly written & acted. Simply FaNtAbULoUs!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Badhead @ July 20 2010, 11:23 PM BST

No. Can't understand why it won awards.

I think the acting, especially from Simon Bird is great, the script is clever in places and the crudeness is bang on. I didn't see it at first either, but after the 2nd episode I was hooked.

I think you need to have teenage boys to understand it, or have been a teenage boy.I see it from the first angle & I just adore it. It is one of the few programmes that make me cry with laughter.

To me it's just like those strate to video lame comedies you used to get call "the kids had a crazy summer" or something like that. Just in England rather than the states.

The characters are cliche. aside from the odd good line here and there. It's just not funny. The world has had the teenager trying to get laid thing many, many times before.

Quote: Badhead @ July 21 2010, 12:26 AM BST

To me it's just like those strate to video lame comedies you used to get call "the kids had a crazy summer" or something like that. Just in England rather than the states.

The characters are cliche. aside from the odd good line here and there. It's just not funny. The world has had the teenager trying to get laid thing many, many times before.

Not quite in such a wonderful & delightful coarse way.
I am just filthy & sadly filth has me in stitches. It is what I like.
:$

I'm about eight years late to this particular The Inbetweeners party, but I've now watched series 1-3 on 4oD and then rented the first film and saw it last night. I'm not a teenage boy, but my son's getting older now, so I thought I'd have a watch and try and learn some stuff. I love it - well, I personally prefer the E4 series to the film's 94 minute running time, but it's a really good show; puerile and scatological in many ways, I agree, but very funny and extremely watchable. I have read that Simon Bird (whom I also adore in Friday Night Dinner is probably my favourite character and yes, he does remind me of a younger David Mitchell.

It's also script edited by the fantastic Robert Popper, so I'm a convert.

It's hilarious... The only problem is the specky twat is exactly the same as me in 1990, with the sole difference he has something of a life.