The Inbetweeners - Series 1 Page 16

Quote: Leevil @ June 3 2008, 1:00 PM BST

This would be a nice little DVD to own. I'll go own it now Whistling nnocently

*reads from Aarons script*

Yes... I like DVDs and I will buy this DVD... for my collectshon.

Well looks like I wont need to buy the DVD now, thank you marathon nights :)

Just got the dvd after missing it on E4 and think this is a cracking comedy...

I'm patiently waiting for the one episode I missed to come up in the repeat.
It's taking tooo long!!!

Random interview with Neil from the Inbetweeners on a video game podcast, its all at the start: http://www.drunkenelmo.com/Joypod/Joypod38.mp3

Bump!

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2008/10/us_remake_for_inbetweeners.html

E4 sitcom The Inbetweeners is headed for a US remake.

US network ABC has ordered a pilot from creators Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, who will adapt the show with a US writer.

The network has also given the pair a second blind script commitment for a future project.

Morris and Beesley's indie Bwark is currently in production on a second series of the comedy, which was E4's first original sitcom.

It centres around four teenage boys in suburbia and their doomed quest to meet girls, buy alcohol and get into the best parties.

Morris and Beesley pitched it to ABC as Superbad meets Freeks and Geeks and plan to set the remake in a US high school.

The pair also wrote an episode of the first series of HBO's Flight of the Conchords.

I had a feeling this would happen but I don't know how they're going to make it work mostly because of the swearing.

Sounds promising for them. Good luck guys! :)

It does indeed sound promising. I'm so sick of those idiotic glamourised American shows like "90210" or "One Tree Hill" or "The O.C". They're just shallow and irritating and all the characters have really made-up sounding names. "Freaks and Geeks" had more depth on a level that those shows couldn't even approach and was extremely believable. And as for "Superbad", in spite of all the crude humour, had a lot of depth as well.

I imagine there is a big potential market for The Inbetweeners USA... like you say, we're all fed up by glamourised high-school dramas we see, so just think how sick to the teeth all their 'normal' teenagers must be.

The Office is the only successful UK to US comedy translation since, well, I can't think of the last. I suspect a US exec will ruin the Inbetweeners too: "But how about we, like, make these kids all really hot looking"

A reminder that The Inbetweeners Series 1 starts showing on Channel 4 a bit later tonight, at 11:10pm. :)

Just watched the first series on Virgin TV choice.
Excellent stuff ! I really enjoyed it.
And lo & behold I see that series 2 starts this Thursday.
Niiiice.
:D

Really liked the Inbetweeners, don't think an American version will work at all, it'll be just trying to imitate that whole Freaks and Geeks style

Oh wait that's what they even describe it as there.

I've only just got round to watching this!

It's very funny! Certainly more realistic than Skins and seems like the kind of thing BBC Three would kill for. The language is crude at times, but somehow it comes across as being very likable. Well done E4.

Does anyone else think that Will is a younger version of Mark Corrigan?

Quote: Ben @ April 5 2009, 12:18 PM BST

I've only just got round to watching this!

It's very funny! Certainly more realistic than Skins and seems like the kind of thing BBC Three would kill for. The language is crude at times, but somehow it comes across as being very likable. Well done E4.

Does anyone else think that Will is a younger version of Mark Corrigan?

Cor, get into now, Grandad!

Co-writer Iain Morris scripted edited Peep Show.

Quote: Ben @ April 5 2009, 12:18 PM BST

The language is crude at times, but somehow it comes across as being very likable.

So crude means unlikable?