2525 Page 8

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 13 2013, 4:55 PM BST

Sounds a fiddly way to do things, the formatting can be done on opening the word doc
Go to -format - paragraph - the small box appears where you can set your format.

I may be wrong, but if you don't do that before you begin typing you have to do it the arkward way. I assume they is a better way and from now on before I even put a header on a sketch I'll set the ident

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 13 2013, 4:55 PM BST

Sounds a fiddly way to do things, the formatting can be done on opening the word doc
Go to -format - paragraph - the small box appears where you can set your format.

Yep, I'll be doing this tonight.

Cheers, Shandonbelle.

4 for me. I had 5 but decided to scrap one for not being orignal or for that matter well written

Quote: blahblah @ September 13 2013, 5:00 PM BST

I may be wrong, but if you don't do that before you begin typing you have to do it the arkward way.

Yep, got to be done before anything else, don't forget to do your page numbers straight away too...I learned the hard way ;)

Quote: swerytd @ September 13 2013, 3:57 PM BST

(2) As a script ed for Kirrin Island, my shoulders slump as soon as I see a script in the wrong format (despite asking for a specific format), before I even read it (as I'm usually the one cutting/pasting and reformatting the final script together). The wrong format means you've already pissed the reader off before they've read your script. And, if they're pissed off, they are less likely to laugh. So, I would suggest you make the reader's job of 'laughing' as easy as possible by sticking to the format.

You might be mentioning it in the feedback from KIPOD#5 when it comes, but please let me know if ever my format's incorrect.

I use Open Office on Mac then save to word 2000 format and I'm never 100% if it saves to word perfectly or not...

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 13 2013, 5:32 PM BST

Yep, got to be done before anything else, don't forget to do your page numbers straight away too...I learned the hard way ;)

D'oh. Think this is my hard way lesson too. I forgot the page numbers

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 13 2013, 5:32 PM BST

F**k...page numbers...

For those wanting to know how to indent. There's a ruler at the top of word. Just drag the little tab to "4".

That'll take over character names and dialogue btw, but I thought that was right? I've seen so many scripts "correctly" formatted in totally different ways I get confused!

EDIT: Ah pisschimney, I've got it wrong. Completely misunderstood what a hanging indent was and I checked it all sooooo many times. Hopefully it won't count against me too much....

I don't know how important the page numbers are really, I mentioned it more as something to do before starting typing, else If you try and do it after I'm not sure but think it might 'move' things down.

Not wanting to disagree with Dan but he isn't script editing this show and as long as it looks like a script I wouldn't worry too much. But next time you might as well try to do it the way they like, it isn't too difficult and Dan gives advice in the new Newsjack thread.

As for choosing between equal scripts, I don't think formatting will be the casting vote. They'll go for the one with the most potential to improve in the edit.

Submitted 5 sketches, but when they say the end of 13th of September do they mean 11:59pm or 5pm?

I'm sure anytime today is fine.

Just sent my five. I sent them in Notepad, unformatted using the 'crayon' font.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 13 2013, 9:46 PM BST

I sent them in Notepad, unformatted using the 'crayon' font.

Comic Sans you fool!

And yeah - I'm still putting the last read through on mine... My last chance to check for all the stupid little mistakes that I'll eventually spot tomorrow.

I just sent a scan photo of my genitals
Atleast I think they were mine

Quote: sootyj @ September 13 2013, 10:07 PM BST

The danger of just sending in a picture of genitals you already had in your bottom drawer

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ September 13 2013, 7:32 PM BST

Submitted 5 sketches, but when they say the end of 13th of September do they mean 11:59pm or 5pm?

I'm sure they'd have made clear it was 5pm if it was 5pm. They know they're dealing with writers...

Sent. I guess I can have 17 minutes 'off' before I start optimistically refreshing my mail.

Quote: sootyj @ September 13 2013, 10:07 PM BST

I didn't do that but I did make sure that a couple of my sketches were bollocks.