2525 Page 5

Working on some stuff now. These are my first sketches since the last series of Newsjack. I've been writing a lot of prose but no script and I'm struggling. I can see the benefit of keeping your eye in so to speak (too northern an expression?) and writing in the style regularly

Anyone who has sent their sketches off - did you get a reply to say they've been received?

Sent mine but so far nothing to confirm safe arrival.

Quote: youbackbucks andi'llbackberks @ August 29 2013, 10:53 AM BST

Anyone who has sent their sketches off - did you get a reply to say they've been received?

No, but as they did not promise confirmations I did not expect one.

No response . No praise . No encouragement . No invitations to showbiz parties. Nothing. As expected .

You should ask Blenkinsop for his views on that one...

Come to think of it Blenks has not been around lately. Did he quit comedy writing after achieving his lifetime goal of getting the NJ auto-replybot to acknowledge his existence?

I think Blenkinsop got a book published or something.

I sent three sketches off for this the other day. Fingers crossed they take a second glance at them. Best of luck to everyone.

Off mine went tonight.

Just sent my two off this evening.

What's the panels view on submitting and then submitting again? Say you write 3, submit them, and then the next day think of a 4th? Is there an etiquette to submitting extra but within the five sketch limit? Is it unprofessional? Does it show a disorganised mind? Is it keen?

''Please attach all your submitted sketches to one email as Word documents (or if you don't have Word use any easily accessible and edit-able text format). Please do not send as PDFs''

Looks like they want just one email judging by this.

Just sent mine off, after a last minute edit thanks Badge for pointing out my directions were wonky!

Funnily enough just got comissioned to write a short comedic, scifi script this morning.

Now am I so certain 2525 won't use my stuff I just reuse one of the scripts for there.

Just sent off my five sketches.

Sent off my sketches this evening. Hopefully there'll be an alien invasion or robot uprising in the next few days, so I'll have something to send into Newsjack too!

All eggs well and truly placed into the one sketch shaped basket.

Course, now the bloody panda might not be pregnant after all...