2525 Page 6

And so to Newsjack,

Quote: sootyj @ September 10 2013, 2:03 PM BST

Funnily enough just got comissioned to write a short comedic, scifi script this morning.

Interesting, can you tell us any more?

Its for an app that let's yo watch mini shows

Quote: Pete Turton @ September 9 2013, 9:37 PM BST

Just sent my two off this evening.

What's the panels view on submitting and then submitting again? Say you write 3, submit them, and then the next day think of a 4th? Is there an etiquette to submitting extra but within the five sketch limit? Is it unprofessional? Does it show a disorganised mind? Is it keen?

I wouldn't recommend submitting again. If you're concerned that you're going to come up with more ideas then maybe you should have held off submitting.

I have sent one to them, but had two follow-ups, character developments nearly ready... almost wish I had waited and attached the others.
I did mention (as the brief suggests) that I had further drafts. Just hope 'Sketch #1' piques their interest!

I've just sent off three sketches. I'm happy with what I've written, but disappointed that I wasn't able to produce two more.

Are people reading the end of day september the 13th as a 11.59 on friday night deadline?

Yep.

Dan

Just sent my 5 off. Pretty pleased given that earlier in the week, due to my laptop dying on me, I thought I'd lost the 4 I'd (mostly) written by that point! Recovered them and managed one more (though the original plan to write at least 8 and submit the best 5 did fall by the wayside amidst the kerfuffle!).

Cheers Dan for pointing out this opp in the first place. :)

I had five sketches. I've turned three into one and two into one with two parts. Tricky eh?

So I'm expecting either no reply or 'too long'.

Now off to press the 'send/receive' button every six seconds for the next three weeks.

Sent mine in.

Just managed five, although the last one [my only submission with running characters] was put together quicky because I spent too long changing the characters.

Also sent a sketch I wrote for TSWYW, as I totally missed the deadline, which is quite embarrassing as I started the thread for it on here.

Best of luck to those that have submitted material.

2 sent off. S"limited time-management skills"glen had three more ideas but as usual left it to the last minute :D Good luck everyone!

Help!
How important is it to follow the recommended format?
Ours were already in a basic, perfectly readable format but when I applied the given settings the formatting went all over the place! :O
Do I really have to re-type everything out with the settings applied prior?
I will if necessary, of course.

Not neccesary you'll probably lose 10% brownie points, also the timing for the show are based on the settings they give, so you'll just have to be a little funnier.

A little funnier?
I'd settle for being a little funny!
That's my evening sorted.
Cheers soots.