2525 Page 7

Quote: sootyj @ September 11 2013, 6:23 AM BST

Its for an app that let's yo watch mini shows

Realised I was reading the wrong job spec.

Small Norwegian prodco looking too make short films to show off their VFX skills.
So they want funny, scifi scripts and invited me to apply.
They don't want them till October, so I can send all my 2525 rejects.

And mine, if you want them...

Quote: garyd @ September 13 2013, 2:40 PM BST

Help!
How important is it to follow the recommended format?
Ours were already in a basic, perfectly readable format but when I applied the given settings the formatting went all over the place! :O
Do I really have to re-type everything out with the settings applied prior?
I will if necessary, of course.

(1) They've specifically asked for it in the guidelines so I would strongly suggest you use it.
(2) As a script ed for Kirrin Island, my shoulders slump as soon as I see a script in the wrong format (despite asking for a specific format), before I even read it (as I'm usually the one cutting/pasting and reformatting the final script together). The wrong format means you've already pissed the reader off before they've read your script. And, if they're pissed off, they are less likely to laugh. So, I would suggest you make the reader's job of 'laughing' as easy as possible by sticking to the format.
(3) I don't speak for everyone by any stretch of the imagination, but anytime I am wasting time on formatting, I am not writing/rewriting/editing. I don't like reformatting documents. I like writing/rewriting/editing. I get seriously, seriously pissed me off when people don't adhere to the instructions given.

So, I would say, "yes": spend your evening reformatting your sketches and just write them in that format in future to start with, rather than something else.

They will get a *lot* of sketches. And a lot of good sketches. If yours is equally good as another, but that one's in the correct format, which would you pick?

<rant over>

Dan

That and a page within those specs will take up a very specific amount of time on air.

So it's gonna have to be pretty funny, for them to reset it themselves.

So crayon is completly out then?

Quote: playfull @ September 13 2013, 3:44 PM BST

And mime, if you want them...

Alas people go hiring on sites like Elance for ronseal writer.

But if it ever opens up I'll of course let people know.

I ment you could have them F.O.C. - I am expecting to have five available...

They want 2, but if opening comes up I'll let you know

Does anyone know how to indent to 4cm without losing the left side of the page or would I have to retype the whole thing?

There's a button in the paragraph and spacing setting.

I think.

It's what I did but it might have been magic.

Every time I do that it makes all the character names dissappear to the left, I always wondered why they kept saying a sketch shouldn't be other three pages because I thought it was far too long but on this format I can see what they mean

Figured it out - basically don't highlight the character names just the lines

Yep, that's what happened to me blahblah.

That's why I asked re the importance of the format.

I'll just have to write out again.

Dan, the format I used originally is perfectly readable/editable and one I've always used to submit anything so...oh...hang on a mo...ah, maybe that explains why we've had no luck thus far!
Rant understood and appreciated.

Quote: blahblah @ September 13 2013, 4:35 PM BST

Figured it out - basically don't highlight the character names just the lines

How did you do that?
Each line individually?
I tried that but the spoken lines are not aligned (I thought they had to).

basically I idented the first line and used tab on the othe rlines to match them up

Sounds a fiddly way to do things, the formatting can be done on opening the word doc
Go to -format - paragraph - the small box appears where you can set your format.