The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 6

Quote: johnny roulette @ August 31, 2007, 3:16 PM

also, there was nothing about IT in it. at all. it was more about the characters.

In the average Father Ted episode, what was there that was actually about being clergymen, or even particularly religious? It was all about the characters. One utter incompetent, one paralytic, and one undoubtedly well-intentioned, but really really f**king unlucky and put-your-foot-in-it. They were put in positions where people looked up to them, to a certain extent at least, and yet they were useless. Change the setting and it wouldn't lose any comedic value. No?

(Likewise most sitcoms really.)

How many people would watch The IT Crowd, if it were completely about computers? Incidentally, how many people do watch The IT Crowd? How may I found out about the viewing figures for last week's episode? I don't expect an answer right now as everyone's watching the second episode that's on now. I'm sky plusing it myself.

I would. And I do. But missed the start tonight, so will catch it on 4+1. Mark may very well have posted viewing figures for last week. Check our news section. Other than that, Google is probably your best bet.

Quote: johnny roulette @ August 31, 2007, 3:16 PM

also, there was nothing about IT in it. at all. it was more about the characters.

Like Green Wing doesn't really have to be in a Hospital. Does it really matter? It's just to laugh at nerds. Are you watching Aaron?

Quote: Aaron @ August 31, 2007, 9:38 PM

But missed the start tonight, so will catch it on 4+1.

Quote: earman2009 @ August 31, 2007, 9:33 PM

Incidentally, how many people do watch The IT Crowd? How may I found out about the viewing figures for last week's episode?

2.5 million watched the first episode last Friday which isn't too shaby. That figure doesn't include the repeat or 4oD viewings either. To put it in perspective: last year The IT Crowd double-bill intro managed 1.7 million so it's up on that by quite a bit.

You can get viewing figures via a subscription to BARB, Broadcast Now, MediaGuardian or ViewingFigures.com. MediaGuardian is the only one which doesn't cost a bomb but they only report on some shows.

"Oh, no. It'll blow my cock off." haha. I enjoyed tonights. The 2nd half wasn't as good as the 1st half.

as i said i caught the first series late - on repeats i think but now have to watch it

Tonight wasn't great, but I still really enjoy this show. Roll on next week, Matt Berry is great! Although I really liked Chris Morris and was the reason I stuck with the show in the first place.

I only watched the first two episodes of it last year and could only think "What on earth is Chris Morris doing in this". Although, after Nathan Barley it's not a surprise....

It's really weak stuff. It seems like it's his first draft. Some of the stuff like the boardroom meeting and him jumping out of the window, the son fighting with the vicar, and the thing with the pen outside the church was all very amateurish and like a first time writer trying to get a joke in. And what that guy's doing in the basement God only knows.

Would they really get changed for the funeral at work liked they seemed to?

You want realism in a sitcom?

Madness.

I loved the second episode... as I did the first. This is a nice step up from the first series, which I also enjoyed.

La la laa laa la... everything is wonderful... la laa la la.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ August 31, 2007, 11:12 PM

"Oh, no. It'll blow my cock off."

:D Very funny. The mobile phone bits were very good. Maybe not quite as funny as the first episode, but there were plenty of great lines. Matt Berry looks like a great replacement for Chris Morris. I will miss Chris though. He was brilliant in the opening scene. Look forward to the next episode. :) :)

I liked it-Matt Berry is a comedy god. Ok, hes basically exactly the same in everything, but I cant get enough of it! That voice! Anyway . . .