The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 4

Quote: ajp29 @ August 25, 2007, 2:32 PM

P.S. Linehan directed the entire first series.

Indeed he did. And was present at the recordings, and very polite and nervous of the show's success.

Re the shouting, the first thing I thought, first scene they recorded, was basically "CHRIST! Shut up, woman!". (The episode, although the first one recorded, turned into ep 3. With the blind date scene in the restaurant. Watch it, and you'll see a toned down version of what actually happened at Teddington that fateful night.)

Quote: hotzappa11 @ August 25, 2007, 11:48 PM

There's a post on Graham's blog about laughter and that.

Link, purlease? :)

Wow, you mean he directed the first series AND he was present at the recordings?

Sorry, Aaron, but you wouldn't let anyone else get away with that. :)

I thought it was brilliant, i was laughing most of the way through. If the season keeps up at the same standard it really will be better than the first.

At first when Roy started doing the disabled thing I thought yeh i know what will happen, Moss will blow open his lie in typical fashion, but the fact that that didnt happen was a nice suprise

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 26, 2007, 12:39 AM

Wow, you mean he directed the first series AND he was present at the recordings?

Sorry, Aaron, but you wouldn't let anyone else get away with that. :)

Many 'directors' will delegate the day-to-day direction to assistants and others lower down the ladder, whilst still maintaining overall responsibility (and credit) for the whole show. And they certainly don't come onto the studio floor to talk to the audience.

Was he wearing a cardigan?

I always imagine him wearing a cardigan...

I was thinking Graham Linehan was the other dude, the blonde one!

Quote: zooo @ August 26, 2007, 12:53 PM

Was he wearing a cardigan?

I always imagine him wearing a cardigan...

Jeans and an oversized t-shirt, if I remember rightly.

Quote: Aaron @ August 26, 2007, 12:20 AM

Link, purlease? :)

Here you go....

http://whythatsdelightful.wordpress.com/2007/08/24/the-it-crowd-series-2-begins-tonight/#comments

A lotof people, Graham included, seem to make quite a fuss about the laughter track. I've seen it as a problem at all.

I didn't notice it.

Quote: Aaron @ August 26, 2007, 9:16 AM

Many 'directors' will delegate the day-to-day direction to assistants and others lower down the ladder, whilst still maintaining overall responsibility (and credit) for the whole show. And they certainly don't come onto the studio floor to talk to the audience.

Er... no. The person who 'directs' people on the set is the floor manager or assistant director. He's not doing the director a favour, that's his job. The director isn't on set during recording, he's in the booth cueing the cameras. Sorry to pick you up, but you always pick me up. Pleased

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 26, 2007, 6:41 PM

Er... no. The person who 'directs' people on the set is the floor manager or assistant director. He's not doing the director a favour, that's his job. The director isn't on set during recording, he's in the booth cueing the cameras. Sorry to pick you up, but you always pick me up. Pleased

Congratulations. You've just graduated from the University of the Bleedin' Obvious! :)

(In other words, that's not what I meant at all.)

Perhaps you could draw a picture of what you meant, since you can't explain it using words.

I love this show. I was a late arrival - a bit like I was with Father Ted and you can see the similarities.

Incidentally I saw Al Murray at Wimbledon Theatre last year. (Why "New" - it's thew same building as the old one!)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 27, 2007, 12:39 AM

Perhaps you could draw a picture of what you meant, since you can't explain it using words.

I'm not sure how I could make it any clearer. Go back and re-read my post. I made no mention of the floor manager, or his/her duties. Not my problem if you misunderstand what's been posted by others.

But in all honesty, I really don't care, and I'm not going to waste any more time on this discussion.

So in summary: The IT Crowd S02E01. Good. :)