The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 2

Yeah it was alright wasn't it. Anyone else spot the cameo from Ash Atalla? EDIT: Ah, I see Zooo did too!

I've been lucky enough to see the second episode and can say that if you liked tonight's you'll definitely like next week too.

Like this week, the first half of the episode starts slowly but in the second half Graham Linehan really heats things up. I won't give away too much of the plot but basically Denholm (Chris Morris) commits suicide which leads to a funeral... which is where things start to get fun. We're also finally introduced to the new boss in the episode, Denholm's lady-bothering son Douglas (Matt Berry firing on all cylinders).

Quote: zooo @ August 25, 2007, 12:13 AM

And I was in that theatre a few weeks ago!
What japes.

No idea what this "japes" thing is all about, but New Wimbledon, yes?

Re Ash Atalla, thought that was him. Not seen him around the office recently though. Laughing out loud

I had japes in the New Wimbledon!
But they didn't involve wheelchairs.

I cannot wait for Matt Berry to start. I've missed him off my telly. (Even though he was only on it last night in Saxondale).

*Googles 'japes'*

Riiiight.

(Anyone else spot that Linehan directed the show?)

That was so much funnier than the first series. Look forward to next week's episode! Ash's cameo at the end was great. :)

Quote: chipolata @ August 17, 2007, 10:01 AM

Why did this second series take so long to reach us? It seems ages since the first series went out, and as much as I enjoy it, I can't imagine it took long to write the scripts or hone the performances, especially that woman from the Malteaser adds, who's acting style consists mainly of shouting in a vaguely silly silly voice. And the Irish guy, he shouts a lot too. While the black guy just does this stilted awkward thing so I can never work out whether he's playing a stiff person, or just a lousy actor... I am glad to have it back, though.

Chip, sorry mate, but this is why you ain't on the telly! (Don't take that comment too seriously :)).

Katherine Parkinson is a truly brilliant comedy actress and the next big thing. Also the scripts of this show are super tight. The first episode, of the last series was available as a text file somewhere, and is actually a model of how to write a good comedy script.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 25, 2007, 2:33 AM

Katherine Parkinson is a truly brilliant comedy actress and the next big thing.

I really have to agree with Chipolata on that one. I found her acting (in the last series - not sure about this yet) to be laboured, two-tone, unbelievable, and generally pretty weak.

Maybe you fancy her. WOOoooo! Godot fancies Katherine, Godot fancies Katherine! *skips around chanting it*

...Sorry. I'll stop now.

I think this shows how difficult it is to write a good sitcom. Because this is an experienced writer who has obviously spent months writing it and it is, to my mind, a throwaway comedy. In that, it's watchable but then you'd throw it away.

As has been said, the start to this was soporific. A novice writer's script would have been winging its way back to them if they'd have written the first five minutes.

And I'm still not sure there was a plot. There was the is he/isn't he? then the other two things just seemed to happen as an afterthought and 'we'll take it from there'.

I'm just glad there was no obligatory gay plot Laughing out loud

I really enjoyed it this time round! maybe it was cos I was in a good mood; or because it was growing on me; or because, dare I say it? its getting better?
I didnt think it was that funny and then Moss came through, as well as the wheelchair bit.
Very annoyed that Noel Fielding is using a stupid voice in though. I think it would be much funnier and better if he just spoke like he usually does

I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Definetly the best sitcom of recent times. The part when that man pushed the disabled man out of the wheel chair was hilarious. Roll on next Friday.

The gay theater dude, was Nathan Barley, yeah?

yep!

I'm annoyed they didn't continue last series' "To Be Continued" ending, i thought this first episode was very, very good. The writing is noticeably a lot stronger, bar the first five minutes or so, and i thought the acting was done better. All in all, everything has improved. I look forward to next week.

I also didn't like Katherin's performance in the first series, but i think she did good in this first episode.

Quote: Leevil @ August 25, 2007, 11:59 AM

The gay theater dude, was Nathan Barley, yeah?

Nicholas Burns. I'll always remember him from the sublime Absolute Power.

*theatre

I looove Katherine.
I can see why she could annoy, but she doesn't annoy me.
Because I looove her.*
As I said.

*Not like that. :)